long suffering wife of a koi keeper !

Reaction score
Hi,
I am from Kent and hubby built his first pond nearly 13 years ago . Well pond number 3 was built and finished last summer . We are only hubby koi keepers and don't know all the fancy names ,if we see a koi and we like it we buy it ! .
The first pond was only small around 600 gallons .we was told we would not be happy with such a small pond and they were right. Pond number 2 was around 2000 gallons but hubby fancied a change so pond number 3 was built last year.
I have joined this forum in the hope to learn more and share our journey .

Thank you for taking the time to read this x

Hilary

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
hand_writing.gif
to our group! We all seem to do that one pond becomes bigger and more ponds over time

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and like you I don't know any fancy koi names mine are just mutts I bout real cheap ,like 5 dollars at the most .Sounds like things come in 3's and you are there unless your hubby likes a nice even number .Then you may be in for a number 4 pond .:);)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome! It almost sounds like you are looking for sympathetic ears as well as looking for knowledge, and you have come to the right place, LOL! We understand the addiction of ponding.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard Hilary spent many a happy time in Kent both as a boy sailor aboard TS Arethusa lower upnor nr Rochester then twice more whilst serving in the Royal Navy at HMS Pembroke and the fire school in Chatham dockyard the garden of England always comes to mind when I think back to my days in Kent.:)
We are a husband and wife team of koi keepers and have been keeping koi for 27 years, the fancy names do eventually come :LOL:
Have you ever thought about joining the BKKS it's well worth your while and enables you access to the BKKS Health Officials who would at the bequest of a phone call come out and help should you hit a major problem with your koi's health.:cool:
Have you any literature on koi or koi health it'd be well worth your while buying one or two books n the subject(y)

Dave;)

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hilary
How big is your 3rd pond and do you have any photo's you can share?

Ask a Question