Looking for duckweed near Atlanta

Reaction score
Hello,
I've got a Tilapia based aquaponic system, and I'm looking for someone to donate/sell me some duckweed. Tilapia love the stuff, so I'd like to keep a stock of it growing to feed them. If you have another recommendation rather than duckweed based on your own experiences, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know when I visited Georgia it was growing in lakes and everywhere .I think there it is an invasive weed .

Reaction score
Oh my yes! Do what sissy has suggested, I get mine from the marsh a few miles away. Grows like idk what! Lol I just took a large styrofoam cup from the gas station, poke holes in the bottom, put a pcs of screen in the bottom and scoop away!! :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
cup gas station holes and screening what a hoot :razz: In Indiana too ,I will have to check here ,but have never seen it growing here .

Reaction score
Yep, mostly in marsh and swamp areas, they call it wet lands here, Heron ALL OVER the place, which is good cause maybe they'll stay there and leave me alone! :) In fact I've gotten several wild plants by taking " specimens". LOL. Just be sure they don't have carry on's before you put them in your ponds.

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
Fishylove said:
Oh my yes! Do what sissy has suggested, I get mine from the marsh a few miles away. Grows like idk what! Lol I just took a large styrofoam cup from the gas station, poke holes in the bottom, put a pcs of screen in the bottom and scoop away!! :)
LOL here they call that a redneck grass pipe

Ask a Question