addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Chatting on phone, staring out the window like I always do and saw this beautiful red fox trotting though our back yard.

CH01_2012_01_20_11_14_37.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good pickup, I didn't notice that, watched him hunt the edge of our woods then disappear into them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Our silver fox here skip when they are are close to catching what they are looking to catch .Thats how i can tell they are close to getting something to eat and it is usually rodents here .Saw one a couple of weeks ago dig up a mole mound and just drag him out kicking .I guess when your hungry anything is fair game ,thats why I watch my pee wee when he is out besides king arthur watching him .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Missy never goes outside without me right next to her, she is just too tiny and thinks she is a lion. I am going to carry a little pea shooter with some bird shot to scare the fox if it comes out while we are in the yard. Missy would chase the fox thinking she could win. This was the first time I have seen the fox this close actually in our yard.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
When winters here and not much food around to hunt thats when you have to watch more for them .They will walk right outside my back fence near the wood line .My neighbor had her little yapper dog taken by a fox .I never want that or even see that ever ,my heart would break .Now that pee wee has a little brace on his leg until it heals right I have to watch closer .The vet thought it was better to brace the sprain since pee wee is a chunky donkey ,I call him that not the vet

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Probably a good idea to keep your pup in the house or on an eye's watch for sure. Fox get hungry too and it's just a natural response for them to go after something smaller than they are when hungry! Sad about your neighbors pet...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Our big boy rocky is about 100 lbs...but he's a boxer rot mix...the vet calls him fat lol I call him big boned and well filled out. He wouldn't hurt anything smaller than he is and tip toes around our 3 cats lol one of which thinks she's his lover (but she's not to bright a cat and only 2 yrs old) confused is more what I would call her...but she has seizures so that could account for her mix up.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
poor kitty is not dumb because she has a big dude and a real stud muffin at that for a boyfriend .King Arthur is a pitbull but sometimes he thinks he is pee wee's dad.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We used to have a lot of feral cats around here, they have slowly disappeared, maybe the fox is involved in the decrease.

She is never more than a few feet from me when we are out. Usually the fox will run if it sees a person, so maybe me screaming at it would make it run.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are so lucky to get all the critters coming to your property addy.............just keep on making them behave themselves while visiting!

Ask a Question