Looking for Nymphoides Cordata...

Joshaeus

Water hawthorn, Aponogeton Distachyos
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
'ello all! I am looking to make my aforementioned 'pot pond' have a Maine theme, with fish and plants heralding from my native state. Among the plants I desire to include is Nymphoides cordata...however, I can't seem to find this plant on any online vendors. Has anyone ever seen this species of water snowflake available? I'm really hoping not to have to substitute for it with a more common species that is not native up here...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If it's native I would seek it out in nature and bring a cutting home - unless it's a protected species, then forget I said that!

Joshaeus

Water hawthorn, Aponogeton Distachyos
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Judging from its enormous range, it's probably not...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've brought home plants from our local ponds and planted them with great success. I quarantine them and clean them off really well before they get near the pond. If it grows well locally, it'll grow well in your pond. Just know what you're planting and be aware of the growing habits.

Since you are planting a micro pond, I wouldn't hesitate. Your pond is completely contained so you don't have to be concerned about anything being hard to control.

Ask a Question