looking for some koi and some water plants

Reaction score
hello,
im looking to add a few koi to my pond and some water plants so i am wondering if anyone has any koi or pond plants to give away or sell?. i live in edmonton alberta canada so shipping will have to be arranged, tell me what you got and how much you would like for it?.
thanks

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Too bad you don't live in the southern US. My buddy has to break his pond down and move. he found someone that had a small pond to put some of his choice koi in until he can rebuild but going from a 3600 gallon pond to a 1000 he's going to have to find homes for some of his NICE (6-10" sarassa) goldfish, Butterfly koi, standard koi and plants.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
maryland by any chance lol?, getting ready to pick up some goldies. They will have a nice large home

Reaction score
Ouch fishin you just hit me in the soft spot, I loooovvveeee sarrassa comet goldfish so much I hate you lol. But thanks anyway. Haha maybe addy can take some

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
think by south he is talking south................

Reaction score
Sorry I thought that you lived in the south...I have no knowledge of the states geography whatsoever lol just where the main cities are

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
maryland is mid county on the east coast, washington dc right next door lol

Reaction score
As you are in Edmonton, West Edmonton Mall has a very large group of koi that they thin out every year - You could alway contact the facility manager who is in charge of their aquatic displays and see if he would be willing to part with a few.

The koi spend their summer at the botanical gardens and their winters in massive holding ponds in the basement of WEM.

Good luck.
Michael

Reaction score
Bergenm said:
As you are in Edmonton, West Edmonton Mall has a very large group of koi that they thin out every year - You could alway contact the facility manager who is in charge of their aquatic displays and see if he would be willing to part with a few.

The koi spend their summer at the botanical gardens and their winters in massive holding ponds in the basement of WEM.

Good luck.
Michael
wow i had no idea about that thanks so much for pointing that out to me. i have been to west ed countless times but i have never seen any koi there except at the petshop. hmm that is strange, where do they keep them?

Reaction score
WEM has a massive basement that is used to support the in-door lake, the dolphin lagoon, the aquariums, and all of the malls HVAC systems. The koi are kept in big concrete holding ponds in the west wing. (At least they were afew years back when I lived in Edmonton)

Michael

Reaction score
what an indoor lake?, oh you mean the one with the huge sailing ship and the submarines, and wow i now have a mission to complete i really must go find this out

Reaction score
Give Koi Country a shout. I don't know how shipping live animals to Canada works, but they have thousands of beautiful fish out in Bixby, OK. Prices seem fair, too. Nice folks and extremely responsible breeders.

http://koicountry.com

Reaction score
talal101 said:
hello,
im looking to add a few koi to my pond and some water plants so i am wondering if anyone has any koi or pond plants to give away or sell?. i live in edmonton alberta canada so shipping will have to be arranged, tell me what you got and how much you would like for it?.
thanks

I have two Koi (10-12") $75 each OBO. I also have 10-12 goldfish (5-6"). Best offer. Will sell all for $200. Iive in Sherwood Park. e-mail (e-mail address removed)

I also have a 39 gallon aquarium,20 gallon aquarium, and a 100 gallon black in ground aquarium, pumps, filters, etc.

Ask a Question