Looking for victoria seeds

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi- sorry if this is the wrong place, but the Classified section won't let me post until I have at least ten posts, and I'm kind of behind on my schedule to grow vics this year.

I've grown vics in the past, but never had a pond large enough to flower them out. This year will be different, and I would like to start them from seeds. However, my contacts from Kit and Ben's "Victoria Adventure" don't seem to be around anymore, there are no domestically available vic seeds on eBay, the ones on Amazon are probably scams as well- so many foreign seed sales that are just mis-labeled junk anymore- and I can't find anyone selling vic seeds anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can get just a few V. amazonica seeds from a domestic source, please?

Thank you.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
V. amazonica seeds are hard to find. Not many pondkeepers have a pond large enough to accommodate these plants nor do they live in a suitable climate zone.
Perhaps @adavisus will check in. He is the plant man of this Forum.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, bringing this up again for another attack:

Anyone know where to buy vic seeds? The "victoria" seeds I bought from an overseas vendor were lotus seeds; not exactly a surprise, but still disappointing.

Has anyone bought from a source in Thailand, etc. and gotten what they knew for certain to be victoria water lily seeds and not lotus?

Ask a Question