Looking to buy a few Koi-Fairfield CT

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need a few more koi in the 6"-8" range for my small pond. I am in southwestern Connecticut, Fairfield County.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are you looking for suggestions on stores in the area. ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
my first thought was; and do you expect them to stay that size? Then the words 'small pond' switched the converstion into; do you know the recommended size pond for koi? That typically it's 1000 gallons for the first one and 500 for every one thereafter?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1618178826707.gif
@vgizzi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Have you done a Google search?
I’m not quite sure what type of Koi and price range you are looking for. I prefer imported Japanese Koi because they have the best varieties of Showa, Sanke, and Utsuri, but they are expensive compared to most. If you are looking for less expensive koi there are a lot of dealers out there Including e-bay that has quite a few reputable dealers to get Koi from. Also you may be able to find Koi at local large garden stores that have a section for pond keepers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Your mention of "small pond" does have me worried. How small are we talking? How many fish do you have already?

A 6 - 8" koi this year will be a 12-16" koi by next year - you need a sizable pond to support the big fish.

Ask a Question