Loss of new Gin Rin found caught under net this afternoon

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm absolutely gutted this afternoon as is Val.
Going out to do the weekly maintenance on the pond I noticed that the Gin Rin Showa/utsuri has junped possibly after a fly and got caught under the net as to what time this happened it had to be between 00:30 and 12:00 hrs this morning when I went out to start maintenance
When I found him he had been cooked by the heat at 31c.
This is so sad and its the first time this has happened since repositioning the net over the wooden surrounds, and to be quite honesnt with you we did not forsee this happening .
It means we are going to have to figure out something to stop this happening again
It had to be him jumping for a flyas the pond tested negative for parasites when done the other month there are no new koi in the pond apart from him and a scrape came up with nothing :(

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
I am so sorry Dave. It really sucks when you think of something in advance to take precautions and it ends sadly ... Can you post some pictures with the net in place so maybe we can learn from what went wrong?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try to take then this week but wont post any till after the show are right in saying we thought we'd thought things through and now this happens
We are made of stern stuff we Brits there will always be another Gin Rin we'll fall in love with hopefully with a better outlook

rgrds

Dave

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
thats just bad luck dave
i have a jumper once in a while too , no net

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Th reson I had the net in the first place is from when we started out from inside and the first to jump out of the pond was one of our koi so its been netted ever since Dr Chase and this has to be our only jumper since then.
I think it was just bad planning on our behalf in that once trappeed there was no way it could flip back into the pond.

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question