lost a fish

Reaction score
hi, checking out the pond today I found my second dead fish in two days. i wasn't very concerned over the first one it was a 3 inch koi from petco. i don't buy my fish from stores like that but my son saw it and i gave in. it was around a week and a half in the pond. the second one makes me concerned. i have had this one for some time now. he was around 10 inches and one of my favorites. seemed to be eating well, was not as social as the others but seemed healthy. no ulsers, cuts, scrapes, etc. tested my water everything was good expect the salt level was low due to quite a bit of rain I assume. i am very worried for the rest of my fish. any ideas? thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Not much comfort for you but Ive found sometimes fish just die. I had a koi last year that id had for over 2 years. It was healthy ate well was growing well, lovely and bright colours and one mornin found it floating on the top. Unless it had internal issues which there were no signs of, it just died.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry onemean that is sad. I hate it too when they die and you just can't figure out why :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just make sure you water is ok..............sorry you lost it

Reaction score
Have had happen to me . Never easy to take and have no clue as to why some just up and die . Sometimes makes me what to give up and get out of ponding . But it's just the down side of the hobby .

Thinking back on all the enjoyment I have received when things are going right helps but it still hurts when you walk out to your pond and see that a small part of the enjoyment is gone . I consol myself as seeing it as an opportunity to get another fish and perhaps create a new bond .

" Endeavor to persevere " Chief Joseph

Reaction score
I'm not sure why, but fish will always eat even when sick....

Have you had a ph crash or anything that might have caused the fish stress lately?

Reaction score
not sure, i have been diligent with my testing, etc. i thank you for your help.

Reaction score
No problem.... I just know how it feels to lose fish, as do many of us, so I can empathize with you. Hope everything turns out okay.

-Kyle

Ask a Question