lost fish

Reaction score
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hello people!! Lost a big koi in the pond. No idea what could have taken it, but I am sure that predators are out of the question. It's possible that It jumped out of the pond and was finished off by free ranging chickens or by the dogs.... Lost it while I was adding water to the pond; left for a while; when I came back, it was gone!! could have instinctively gone against the flow of the incoming water from the hose and it jumped out... My pond is filled up to an inch from the brim. Any suggestions on how this could be avoided in the future? :biggrin:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Julius
It would help us a lot if you put your location in the User CP at the top of this page. Geography often tells us a lot about a ponds site conditions.

I don't think rats hunt fish but I suppose anything is possible. I trapped all the ones living under my shed using a havaheart trap and peanut buttered bread.

A pellet gun took care of relocating them. I got 6 rats in 7 days. Not bad...

Reaction score
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
duckyboy1975 said:
Tents are a good idea but they are so ugly looking...I had this happen once, never did find the fish...

I agree that its not going to be a pretty sight, but I got no choice because this has happened to me at least three times already. ;)

Ask a Question