Lost scales

Reaction score
during feeling yesterday I noticed about 6 scales floating by where my largest calico koi (10 inch female) had been. shes the only one of that size with white scales. they get very excited for feeding and are still very nervous of me since their move four months ago. i am worried something is causing her scales to fall off, or could it have been her kitting some of the rocks or plant pots?

thanks

Reaction score
during feeling yesterday I noticed about 6 scales floating by where my largest calico koi (10 inch female) had been. shes the only one of that size with white scales. they get very excited for feeding and are still very nervous of me since their move four months ago. i am worried something is causing her scales to fall off, or could it have been her kitting some of the rocks or plant pots?

thanks

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Re: lost scales?

This happens when fish get stressed. It is not an illness or disease. The scales will grow back when this koi settles down.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Re: lost scales?

This happens when fish get stressed. It is not an illness or disease. The scales will grow back when this koi settles down.

Ask a Question