Lots of filters, 2 goldfish, and still ammonia!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5Be
Country
United States
Algaecide - I skimmed through this post and I think this is the first time you mentioned using algaecide in the pond. You know that using algaecide will cause ammonia levels to rise, right?

Not really? How would that cause ammonia to rise?

Reaction score
Algaecide kills algae. Dead algae in the pond is the same as any other organic material - it decomposes and produces ammonia. If you're lucky, more algae will grow to consume the resulting excess nutrients. But keep killing it, and you'll never find the balance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Welcome. Plants in the pond will help with keeping the algae down also. I see you're in Waukesha, we're almost neighbors. I live in Franklin and work in Brookfield.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
algaecide also can deplete oxygen in the pond.That is why you see bubbles when you use it .Most algae products say that you need aeration in the pond and that is why .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Stop stop stop.....stop adding chemicals, stop feeding, keep the little fountain pump going 24/7.: Don’t even go near the pond fora month. Leave it allow. No testing, no chemicals, no food. That foam on the top is from bacteria and the pollution from you over feeding. The bacteria is consuming all the oxygen in the water. You killing the fish with care.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question