lots of new members, awesome!

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hey all, what you been up to over the summer? Nice to see lots of new members actively contributing.

I was still working on the planting and finishing off landscaping. Got most of it done inbetween some health problems.

Reaction score
Just normal life here as well ... always a project going on ...

Mike. I would love to see pictures of the glass railing ... doing one here, but not til next year. Finally got the upper patio paved ... hoping next year to add a pergola to it ... with the glass rails since the patio isnt that big and overlooks both ponds ... dont want it to feel closed in, or ruin the view ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'm a newer member:) We spent out summer gardening, ponding, swimming, walking and volunteering with Cincinnati Lab Rescue. Sept found me back to school, so less free time these days. Kim

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Hey there... Newer member here too! I'm waiting for my spring bulbs to arrive, and scooping the occasional leaf out of my new pond. Waiting for the big leaf deluge to hurry up and get here So I can clean up the back yard once and for all and winterize the kids.

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
Planning my front Yard water feature as we speak. Looking to do something like this . Not a pond but involves water lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 339

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
New members and new faces, welcome! :cheerful: :cheerful:

Good to hear great summers for all!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Put a new bog in this summer, hubby wants to get rid of the bio and build another bog on that side. Not sure I want to get rid of the bio filter. Dug up the yard and built a patio behind the pond. Made awesome cellar doors out of composite decking, can't lift them, but they are cool looking ... lol Now that it's getting cold, we'll be doing indoor renos.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My Spring/Summer was all about my new pond. It was nice to upgrade from 30g to 400g. Can't say I ever got bored with it all year. It was kind of disappointing bringing the fish in and cutting the plants down, but I'm excited for next spring!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Studio I love that idea I wonder how it would look countyfied meaning maybe change out the pot for a tin tub .HMMM ideas thank you .

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Looks like there were a lot of spammers lately.

1) First there were a bunch of people from India, including some wedding planners. I suppose you could plan a wedding from India, but why at a fish pond forum? What was funnier was that one guy from Delhi who came back the second time and made up a story about his neighbor's pond keeping him awake. I was on track to get him to build a nifty home made explosive device when the mods pulled the plug on that thread (no pun intended).

2) Straight spam threads, selling NFL jerseys and stuff like that. Each post was like 10 paragraphs long. Who has the time to read that?

3) There are a bunch of new members who join but don't post. Their contact line in their profile is some commercial website. Not sure if that really is spam or what.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sunshine put hydraulic lifts on them and you can even get motorized lifts for the doors like on car hatchbacks and stuff .

Ask a Question