Lotus seeds - when best to start them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I know there have been threads on Lotus seeds, starting them indoors, how long it takes for them to sprout and grow, but I sure can't seem to find them now. So, I've started this thread for all of us who are interested. I can't remember if they take a long time to sprout and grow or if starting them maybe 2-3 months before the weather warms next spring in my area would be best. I have a fellow ponder sending me a few seeds, and am very excited about starting my first Lotus plant! I would love a seed or 2 from other colors as well, if anyone else has extras they are throwing away! Joanne has a beautiful soft pink she is sending. Anyone have any other colors? Anyone else want any? Post here, maybe we can all share. :) Love this site!!!
Thanks in advance for your help everyone.
Patti

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
If you start seed indoors months early, you might find not only do they take off fast they are vulnerable to rotting off fast as well.

Better timing would be to start them when for sure you see good growing weather coming onto the weather forecast and pond temps climbing through the 60's

Regards, andy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21940871@N06/
http://swglist.wordpress.com/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks, Andy! I read through the post that Todd posted, and found tons of good info there, and I agree, I need to wait until spring to start the seeds. Looks like they really grow fast once they sprout. :)

Ask a Question