Lotus Tuber Rot

Reaction score
Country
United States
A few days ago I was in the process of replanting a lotus tuber from last year (thread of that here). I kept the lotus plant in a bin with water overnight while I resealed the leaky bottom of my pot. The next day I noticed a part of the tuber had turned black and it is most definitely rot. I planted it anyway since I had no idea what else to do about it. Is the rest of the tuber likely to rot and die, or is there hope?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Was there any sign of grow tips on the tuber? If it was damaged when you removed it , it probably will not survive. I would carefully repot it and watch for new growth. Do not fertilize until you get at least 3 airial leaves.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was there any sign of grow tips on the tuber? If it was damaged when you removed it , it probably will not survive. I would carefully repot it and watch for new growth. Do not fertilize until you get at least 3 airial leaves.
There were some growth tips when I planted but I haven't seen any encouraging signs the last 2-3 days

Ask a Question