Love/Hate Relationship

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
40171DBA-489B-4426-9899-11017234BF75.jpeg
It’s that time of year when my neighbors tree dumps a ton of leaves into my back yard. Love the shade it provides the pond thru the summer, but hate the clean up in the fall:mad:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
Yeah, it does make a mess. I use our leaf blower to knock down the leaves on our weeping willows in the front yard. Otherwise they take forever to fall, starting in early October and finishing in late December. I wonder if you could use one before they fall, to blow them all over to your neighbor's yard;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
Yeah, it does make a mess. I use our leaf blower to knock down the leaves on our weeping willows in the front yard. Otherwise they take forever to fall, starting in early October and finishing in late December. I wonder if you could use one before they fall, to blow them all over to your neighbor's yard;)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I feel you all. .25 acre property most the back yard with about 15 to 20 trees.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Problem solved put one of those giant fans in your yard and run it to blow the leaves his way ;):)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Love the sinister solutions:punch:.
I have lived here for over 30 years...... Sarah and I live at the base of a long hill, a hill that runs north to south..... We have 6 neighbors on the upwind side of us..... Needless to say when winter comes and the north wind blows guess where all the leaves end up..... I have suggested that they get their leaves up, but I know what they are thinking, Oh the wind will blow them away , some of them will get their leaves away from their house and out of their flower beds and leave them in the yard for the wind to blow away, so I have chocked it up to We all have Crosses to bear....and composted leaves is darn good for the garden.....lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's times like this when those pond leaf nets are worth every cent we pay for them. We got a heavy leaf drop this morning as well after 2 really cold nights. All it's going to take is one windy day and all those leaves will end up on the patio/in the pond net.

The leaves just fell off the trees in one big mass... I swear you could hear the “whoomp”!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our leaves have been dribbling off of the trees for a few months now. Not one leaf hit the ponds.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The rain is bringing down most of my leaves and the wind when it blows up the hill blows them into the woods .I still have iris and cannas blooming .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Aaaaaand here comes the wind gusts! It's so cold out there my eyeballs felt windburned after I rolled the garbage cans out to the curb. I can't wait to see how many leaves end up in the leaf net by tomorrow morning... if I want to go outside and brave 19 degrees during the early morning. *brrrrr*

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup... perfect weather to have all of our windows replaced! Luckily I'm at work all week - poor husband is home freezing all day! Our five day job is looking like a 12 day job...

Ask a Question