addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honey and I love to sit in the hot tub and watch the dancing butterflies.

[ame]

[ame]

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
am waiting for our two butterfly bushes to bloom so the butterflies come sure looks like you have tons of them!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our butterfly bushes have not bloomed yet, They really do love them!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice view you have from your tub. I could sit there forever and watch those butterflies and all your pretty plants and pond. I'd never get anything done. Is that Lavender that they are landing on?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yep it is jw! planted a lot of it, love to watch the butterflies, they really go crazy when the butterfly bush(es) bloom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Gorgeous, Addy! VERY pretty landscaping flowers around your pond. Mine is so very plain yet, but it's nice to see ideas from others and get ideas for landscaping around it eventually! Like you said, it's a work in progress, and I'm so enjoying the work and the progress! Your pond and others are what keeps me going, and anxious to see more and do more. Thanks for sharing the videos. The butterflies were truly dancing! Very nice!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yours may be plain, but so was mine, you will get there. Mine you can tell is not a formal type landscaping.

You can see why I haunt the nursery discount racks, laughing, can't afford myself if I did not. Love to buy the end of season, or nearly dead plants and bring them back to life. Have only lost two plants.
Lowes has wonderful get rid of those plant racks, some of the plants are in great shape too, they just quit flowering for the year. Next thing they will be dumping are day lilies, they are blooming now so as soon as they are done, lowes will have the plain green plant on their sale rack, lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yes, I do the same thing! Picked up 3 butterfly bushes yesterday at my local Rural King store, 50% off, blue one was only $2.50, and two maroon ones were $3.50 each! Also got a 3 low growing grass plants 2 weeks ago for 30% off (they haven't done more than 30% on them yet, but watching) and couple other plants. Probably will look at Menards tonight when I get bolts for the weir. Can you tell me again what sealant I use to seal the weir, and what was it called you talked about using to hold the rocks in place? Thanks!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
pl premium polyurethane, and the pl black roof sealant.

Answered in your thread too lol a little more detailed..............

Ask a Question