love to see this posted about GPF!

Reaction score
Addy,

I feel the same.

We are like a family or a local group of folks who are so close (like neighboors), even though we may be from anywhere on earth, have the same ideals and goals and challenges in our lives and minds and we assist eachother, share with eachother, goof off with eachother, support eachother and even argue or debate with eathother. We learn from and lean upon one anothor.

Yes, the personality of all the people here attract me. I like everyone and I wish to be here with everyone because it makes me feel comfortable. It is a very good place!

Gordy

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I agree! I recently joined another site, and it's a totally different atmosphere over "there." Lots of good information, BUT [and maybe it's just my imagination] I don't feel comfortable posting some of the questions I post on GPF. The first couple of posts I made, there was so much "hi-jacking" that I'm really not sure my question ever got answered [or even addressed, LOL]. Hmmmm, a little fly on the wall waiting for the frog to POUNCE!

Not really -- just noting the contrast ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
some of those experts confuse me .I am not looking at fancy fish here just a pond with fish in it and how to take care of them and possibly help others learned what I have learned and not make the mistakes i have made .Yep gotta thank them as this is a sight that really helps people help people and not frown or judge what they do .We sure are not experts .Just pond nuts .We also have learned to care about each other and our lives ,just not about our ponds .I think mogsies idea of the good banter forum and ce's weather forum make it real .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We love this site because it allows koi keepers to mix with pond keepers and vica versa
The banter is fun and people are more tha willing to help each other have forged over time a second family :)
It has that family atosphere most koi sites lack but it also has that serious side when it comes down to our fishes health with folks like ourselves helping out where and when we can.:)
All in all it has a good mix of people who look out for each other and have a darn good laugh when we can .

Dave;) Val :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I belong to four Koi/pond forums, TM and I are on one and I know exactly what she's talking about, Even after two years of being a member I still don't feel the personal connection like I do here. Addy and I are both on another that is similar to here but IMO much smaller and a tighter nitch of people that are active. But the discussions on it get very deep and can get out of hand on certain subjects. GPF just seems to have not only very knowledgeable members but also the friendliest bunch too.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
... a local group of folks who are so close (like neighboors),
Gordy
Is that some kind of Freudian slip?

with such great folks while wearing my most comfy boxer shorts.
Unfortunately, that is a picture I won't be able to get out of my mind... forever. Thanks Lou.

Some other forums are full of self proclaimed koi and pond elitest.
...this forum is by far the best!
So actually according mtpond, we are the best, and BigLou, don't you forget to remind them of that.

So after all this Kumbaya stuff and now that we are all lifelong friends, can I borrow your lawnmower and some tools? I'll bring them back Monday, promise.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is that some kind of Freudian slip?

So after all this Kumbaya stuff and now that we are all lifelong friends, can I borrow your lawnmower and some tools? I'll bring them back Monday, promise.

John, no slip there hee... Just worded funny - out of sequence. i.e. We are from all over the world but we are close like neighboors. Please check the oil often during mowing just to be safe and remember to refill the gas tank when you are done - I topped it off for you so you can start with a full tank. It holds eight or so gallons between the two tanks. Blades are new and sharp! Watch out for your garden hose, this machine will eat them completely.

badboy.png

For our next group songs we will sing Michael Row the Boat Ashore followed by The Age of Aquarius.
John, please stop mowing while we are singing! Wow! Look at him go! Must be mowing at 15 mph! Whoops, there went the Hydrangea bush, just shredded it!

Yep, won't see that mower back until winter comes on. Good thing I bought two. :)

Ask a Question