love to see this posted about GPF!

Discussion in 'Feedback Section' started by addy1, Mar 8, 2014.

1. addy1

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Thanks Becky and Ian and all the members! This is what makes this site so special!

addy1, Mar 8, 2014
    Big Lou, HARO, Becky and 3 others like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. addy1

Catfishnut

Addy,

I feel the same.

We are like a family or a local group of folks who are so close (like neighboors), even though we may be from anywhere on earth, have the same ideals and goals and challenges in our lives and minds and we assist eachother, share with eachother, goof off with eachother, support eachother and even argue or debate with eathother. We learn from and lean upon one anothor.

Yes, the personality of all the people here attract me. I like everyone and I wish to be here with everyone because it makes me feel comfortable. It is a very good place!

Gordy

Catfishnut, Mar 8, 2014
    HARO, Big Lou, mtpond and 2 others like this.
    1. Advertisements

3. addy1

Mmathis TurtleMommy

I agree! I recently joined another site, and it's a totally different atmosphere over "there." Lots of good information, BUT [and maybe it's just my imagination] I don't feel comfortable posting some of the questions I post on GPF. The first couple of posts I made, there was so much "hi-jacking" that I'm really not sure my question ever got answered [or even addressed, LOL]. Hmmmm, a little fly on the wall waiting for the frog to POUNCE!

Not really -- just noting the contrast ;)

Mmathis, Mar 8, 2014
    HARO, fishin4cars, Big Lou and 3 others like this.
  4. addy1

pecan

I too have been on other forums and while each have their own positives I have yet to find one as friendly and helpful as GPF!

Just an all around good group of folks here with a great sense of humor!

pecan, Mar 8, 2014
    HARO, Big Lou, j.w and 3 others like this.
  5. addy1

sissy sissy

some of those experts confuse me .I am not looking at fancy fish here just a pond with fish in it and how to take care of them and possibly help others learned what I have learned and not make the mistakes i have made .Yep gotta thank them as this is a sight that really helps people help people and not frown or judge what they do .We sure are not experts .Just pond nuts .We also have learned to care about each other and our lives ,just not about our ponds .I think mogsies idea of the good banter forum and ce's weather forum make it real .

sissy, Mar 8, 2014
    HARO, Big Lou, j.w and 4 others like this.
  6. addy1

j.w I Love my Goldies

Love it here also...................there's no place like home :)

j.w, Mar 8, 2014
    HARO, Big Lou, mtpond and 2 others like this.
  7. addy1

mtpond

Totally agree with everyone, this forum is by far the best!

mtpond, Mar 9, 2014
    HARO, addy1, Big Lou and 1 other person like this.
  8. addy1

MitchM

To me it feels like we're all sitting around the same big pond visiting with each other.

MitchM, Mar 9, 2014
    HARO, addy1, Big Lou and 2 others like this.
  9. addy1

sissy sissy

all the pond nuts in a row .:)

sissy, Mar 9, 2014
    HARO, MitchM, addy1 and 3 others like this.
  10. addy1

Big Lou

Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
    Some other forums are full of self proclaimed koi and pond elitest. Seemed some had a way of looking down on the common pond keeper. It's nice to be comfortable. Where else could I carry on conversations with such great folks while wearing my most comfy boxer shorts. :eek: :happy:

Big Lou, Mar 9, 2014
    j.w, HARO, addy1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. addy1

Dave 54

We love this site because it allows koi keepers to mix with pond keepers and vica versa
    The banter is fun and people are more tha willing to help each other have forged over time a second family :)
    It has that family atosphere most koi sites lack but it also has that serious side when it comes down to our fishes health with folks like ourselves helping out where and when we can.:)
    All in all it has a good mix of people who look out for each other and have a darn good laugh when we can .

Dave;) Val :)

Dave 54, Mar 9, 2014
    Big Lou, j.w, HARO and 1 other person like this.
  12. addy1

fishin4cars True friends just call me Larkin Moderator

I belong to four Koi/pond forums, TM and I are on one and I know exactly what she's talking about, Even after two years of being a member I still don't feel the personal connection like I do here. Addy and I are both on another that is similar to here but IMO much smaller and a tighter nitch of people that are active. But the discussions on it get very deep and can get out of hand on certain subjects. GPF just seems to have not only very knowledgeable members but also the friendliest bunch too.

fishin4cars, Mar 9, 2014
    Dave 54, mtpond, Big Lou and 3 others like this.
  13. addy1

JohnHuff Friends call me Dr. Sir John Huff

Is that some kind of Freudian slip?

Unfortunately, that is a picture I won't be able to get out of my mind... forever. Thanks Lou.

So actually according mtpond, we are the best, and BigLou, don't you forget to remind them of that.

So after all this Kumbaya stuff and now that we are all lifelong friends, can I borrow your lawnmower and some tools? I'll bring them back Monday, promise.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    JohnHuff, Mar 9, 2014
    j.w, HARO and addy1 like this.
  14. addy1

Catfishnut

John, no slip there hee... Just worded funny - out of sequence. i.e. We are from all over the world but we are close like neighboors. Please check the oil often during mowing just to be safe and remember to refill the gas tank when you are done - I topped it off for you so you can start with a full tank. It holds eight or so gallons between the two tanks. Blades are new and sharp! Watch out for your garden hose, this machine will eat them completely.

badboy.png

For our next group songs we will sing Michael Row the Boat Ashore followed by The Age of Aquarius.
    John, please stop mowing while we are singing! Wow! Look at him go! Must be mowing at 15 mph! Whoops, there went the Hydrangea bush, just shredded it!

Yep, won't see that mower back until winter comes on. Good thing I bought two. :)

Catfishnut, Mar 9, 2014
    j.w, HARO, MitchM and 2 others like this.
  15. addy1

Catfishnut

You'll probably want a little training on this mower, so here is a video showing how to operate it.

Catfishnut, Mar 9, 2014
    j.w, fishin4cars, addy1 and 1 other person like this.
  16. addy1

mtpond

No problem John, but after seeing Gordys mower you'd be very disappointed with mine :yawn: :grumpy:. But since I am closer to you then Gordy mine still might be a possibility.:smuggrin:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    mtpond, Mar 9, 2014
    addy1 likes this.
  17. addy1

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Laughing you all are great! You can borrow mine, just come to maryland to pick it up and return it.

I like the fact that we all can say how we take care of our fishies friends, nobodies system is trashed. Everybody's system is different. But we do try to help out if we see some issues that could be fixed.

[quote="Big Lou, post: 208528, member: 5066 It's nice to be comfortable. Where else could I carry on conversations with such great folks while wearing my most comfy boxer shorts. :eek: :happy:[/quote]

[​IMG]Visual coming up!

My fav clothes is one of my honies T-shirts and a pair of his boxers...................

addy1, Mar 9, 2014
    j.w, HARO and mtpond like this.
  18. addy1

Becky Administrator

Agreed that the members on this site are fantastic! Keep up the excellent work folks (y) :joyful:

Becky, Mar 9, 2014
  19. addy1

fishin4cars True friends just call me Larkin Moderator

Would have liked to seen that video about two weeks ago. I went out zero turn shopping. Looked at Toro, John Deere, Husqvarna, Ex-mark, Scag, Hustler, Kubota, Bad Boy, and Country Clipper. Their are so many options, styles, comfort accessories, motor options, etc, etc. Easy to get all confused and over whelmed by looking at all the new styles and options that are now available. I almost bought the Bad Boy Outlaw Extreme with the Vanguard motor in 60" cut. Not really a bad deal at Just over $8,600 for that type of commercial grade mower. I was waiting to see the Bad Boy's XP line that was being brought in by a new dealer in town and decided to take a trip up to the service center I use to see what he had, Glad I did. After looking them all over I decided on the 60" Country Clipper Challenger, at $6,700 TT&L with all the finance charges I felt it was the better deal for the product, Service center is only 6 miles away, and they have been selling and servicing all brands of mower for almost 15 years. I talked to every dealer in our area before deciding. My dealer put me on 6 different types of mowers before introducing us to the Country Clipper line. Honestly for comfort Ex-Mark had them all beat, but @over$12,000 a bit out of my price range. When he showed me the Country Clipper and it's ease of operation I was impressed. Then he showed me the ease of maintance and the quality of the product. My dealer even threw in a whole year of service free of charge including even sharpening or replacing the blades for the first full year and included pick up and delivery for that first year. Hard to beat the offer for any other brand. Oh, and I must say, it chopped almost 2 hours of cutting time off my whole yard over my 52" Cub Cadet and 42" craftsman riding mower combined cutting time. For as much land as we have, I really like it. I love the one hand operation and the easy deck folding to get to the blade features.

fishin4cars, Mar 9, 2014
  20. addy1

HARO Pondcrastinator

[​IMG]Visual coming up!

My fav clothes is one of my honies T-shirts and a pair of his boxers...................[/quote]

As a personal favour, I'm not going to touch this one! :rolleyes:
    John

HARO, Mar 9, 2014
    mtpond and addy1 like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question