Loving the new pump!!

Reaction score
Well, it's raining and storming again here in OK. It's too muddy to work on the falls and stream. My wife had ordered some fish and they'll be here soon.

I went ahead and hooked up the pump and filter to start turning water. It's not where it'll be, but I hooked it all up and placed some big flat rocks to let the water run across and back into the pond. I'll just have to finish the thing with fish in it. Oh, well.

That 1/2 hp Artesian pump is one bad mamma jamma!!!! I'll have PLENTY of pump for what I want to do. I'm not the least bit concerned about that any more.

I am learning that I am becoming more and more addicted to the building and planning of this pond. I should have went bigger a long time ago. The two inch PVC pipe and larger components seem to work so much better and are DEFINITELY easier for me to work with than all that smaller stuff and submersible pumps. I just cannot wait to get to moving dirt for the waterfall and streams.

I am really liking the way the inverted bottom drain came out, too. I was worried, but I think it's fine, now.

It's funny, but all the things I was concerned about were simply non issues once I started cutting and gluing pipe. I know that I'll have to take it all apart to move everything and hide it better, but I don't mind. The work is relaxing for some crazy reason.

Also, I learned TONS of stuff today hooking it all up. That's REALLY going to help me once I start on the final placement and installation. I've never been this excited about ANYTHING in our yard before. This is just too good. Plus, all the neighbors stopping by to look at my project is cool, too. Cannot wait to show them the finished (if it ever IS finished...doubt it!!) product. I can see now why people have ponds and koi. It's a great way to unwind after work.

Reaction score
Excellent site! Great work! Cheers!

I found this site using google.com. And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really excellent site. Great work, great site! Cheers!

Sorry for offtopic

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Re: Excellent site! Great work! Cheers!

blooppybrag said:
I found this site using google.com. And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really excellent site. Great work, great site! Cheers!

Sorry for offtopic

Welcome to the Forum
I have approved your post, although it should be in the introductions section.
We all try hard to keep this informative, accurate and a place where everyone feels welcome, no matter the size of their pond or their preferences. We have a huge spectrum of people and ponds here and we like to think there is something for everyone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Artesian pumps are great. They are made not to far from me.
I've sold quite a few of them and never had a single complaint and no returns

Reaction score
I want to thank you for your work. You have done great site.

I found this site using google.com And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Paddletrucker, glad it is working out for you! yes it is relaxing, good for the soul, hard work, good for the body, and good brain exercise............can't beat it.

Mine is going to be a year long plus project. We won't be totally plumped until next year. The cold is coming so not putting into action the skimmer or the external pump at this time. And still not done hauling rocks..............lol

Ask a Question