264.4 KB · Views: 41

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Some type of snake...As far as I know, as long as the turtle is too big to be swallowed, it'll be OK. The fish maybe, like addy's, or are they larger too?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Some type of snake...As far as I know, as long as the turtle is too big to be swallowed, it'll be OK. The fish maybe, like addy's, or are they larger too?
How nice of you to forward this article..I searched the web but never found this. It is very informative. My fish range from 2” to 5”…I do have more than I was hoping to have though so Mother Nature might play a hand in controlling their numbers…So far I have not noticed a decline….

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
The head is a bit above center and left resting on the plants. Perhaps a banded water snake, from what I can see in the picture? If so, related to the Northern water snakes @addy1 has been dealing with.

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If so, related to the Northern water snakes @addy1 has been dealing with.
One snake fine 20 snakes BAD! They will help with population. I added 225 fish over the summer, not counting fish already in the pond, , best guess I have under 100 now.

1000 gl pond, had 20ish dropped to 5, added 10 = 15, now have 4.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
The head is a bit above center and left resting on the plants. Perhaps a banded water snake, from what I can see in the picture? If so, related to the Northern water snakes @addy1 has been dealing with.

Yikes! 3 to 80 babies!!! If that happens hopefully my Grand Egrets will help control the numbers...This water snake spends its days under the lip of my skimmer cover..I have forgotten a few times and just picked it up and so far haven't been bitten...I screwed a large hook into the end of a four foot dowel and use that to lift it most of the time....I like having him here (hopefully it's a HIM!!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States

Once again JRS...thank you for this information! Very informative:) I did not know it was related to addy's snakes...Hopefully I won't have the same problem...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Once again JRS...thank you for this information! Very informative:) I did not know it was related to addy's snakes...Hopefully I won't have the same problem...
I hope so also, this has been a two year snake battle. Snakes still winning.

Ask a Question