Made a offer on the new place today.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Well finally after a long wait and lot's of hearings everything went in front of the judge from my injury back in 2007 and the Ins. co. and my ex-employer came to an agreement to settle out of court and my attorney and I agreed it was a good fair offer. I signed the final acceptance today and was given the all clear to make a offer on our new dream home. got it submitted this afternoon so now it's play the waiting game to see if they accept or counter offer. expecting a counter offer as we shot kind of low but the house has been up for sale for over a year and the people can't move out until they sell. We want it pretty bad and we will go up if needed but had to try. Anyway thought I would share some pics I took while out there walking the property today.

Attachments

• cell phone 192.jpg
    cell phone 192.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 393
  • cell phone 194.jpg
    cell phone 194.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 441
  • cell phone 198.jpg
    cell phone 198.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 401
  • cell phone 199.jpg
    cell phone 199.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 435
  • cell phone 195.jpg
    cell phone 195.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 406
  • cell phone 184.jpg
    cell phone 184.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 418
  • cell phone 180.jpg
    cell phone 180.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 395
  • cell phone 167.jpg
    cell phone 167.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 394
  • cell phone 168.jpg
    cell phone 168.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 474
  • cell phone 169.jpg
    cell phone 169.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 419
  • cell phone 171.jpg
    cell phone 171.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 425
  • cell phone 173.jpg
    cell phone 173.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 415
  • cell phone 186.jpg
    cell phone 186.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 363
  • cell phone 193.jpg
    cell phone 193.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 449
  • cabin.jpg
    cabin.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 469
  • cabin 1.jpg
    cabin 1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 453
  • cabin 3.jpg
    cabin 3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 390

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
congrats and I guess you bill getting a ride on mower .I bought an industrial zero turn 50 inch cut for mine as it can with stand the abuse better .Ride on and enjoy your new home

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thank you! Not selling our home we live in right now, That's a good thing! One of my friends has been talking about moving down here. He worked offshore with me for 15 years and got me my job with the company I worked for. He and his wife are going to try to rent the house (Hopefully) for the first six month's or so after we move out with a option to buy. We'll see on that, it needs some updating and a few odds and ends done but we plan on doing most of that after we move out and before we either rent it or put it up on the market. Either way I don't plan on putting up as available until all the fish are moved and we get settled in to the new place.
John the pond in front is a little over a acre and a half. It's 15 years old and WELL stocked. I've already seen a couple of 3#-5# bass and a large (My guess 12#-15# catfish. There is also, if you notice in a couple of the pics a small river/stream along the west side of the property, it has fish as well and a family of beavers. there are some signs of deer and lots of rabbits, and squirrles. possibly could see some turkeys as well. We have been needing a bigger house for some time, the one we live in now is just under 1500sqft. this on is 2135 sqft heated and 2500 including the porches, plus the shop is almost twice as big as the one I have now. It already has a small green house and two stables for horses and such for the time being. Only big expense right off the bat is fencing in the back 6 acres. for the animal crew, and the digging of the new ponds. right now the plan is for 1 water garden, 2 Koi ponds, and another natural pond that will be stocked with channel catfish. Then going to add more goldfish and lily ponds once we can get a large greenhouse and indoor set-up done.
Anyone have any ideas for a name for a mini farm/ water garden goldfish/Koi farm? Not really a farm but the idea is to have some petting animals, maybe a horse or two, and the water gardens and natural ponds and stream around the property, and raising and selling Water lily's, aquatic plants, Goldfish ( wakin, ryukin, sarrasa, watoni, and pearlscales to start with, and higher quality Koi than the pet shops deal with in our area. The idea is not to be a true retail outlet, but more of a supply for me to use on ponds that we install and then sell some to some clients as the farm grows. We are also planning on making a site for primitive camping for the scouts and church groups. It's a long time dream but I want it to be just as much a educational experience as a Water Garden/Water feature/Koi Pond business. My original thought for a name was Something Fishy. Another name that has been tossed around is Amazing Aquatics. Still undecided but I have to come up with something for the business license and Ins. co before I can get the LLC and Ins. done on the business end. I'm totally stoked, I have been wanting this for many years and after i sold the pet store in 1994 I've been wanting to do this on my own but never had the chance, This is my one shot and I'm going for it! LOL, this is where I need the most luck sent!!!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The house looks like a dutch gambrel so why not look for a name with a dutch twist .I'm German Dutch and there are a lot of cool names out there

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
congrats and I guess you bill getting a ride on mower .I bought an industrial zero turn 50 inch cut for mine as it can with stand the abuse better .Ride on and enjoy your new home
Sissy, The sellers are including a 48" cut zero turn, plus I have my 42" cut riding mower and the new tractor I plan on getting a bush hog for along with a small excavator and front end loader. Already secured a bobcat and have to pick it up once we can make the final payment. Do need a industrial size weed eater and stump grinder, still a lot more land I want cleared! LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What a neat place Larkin and hope you get it! It is surely a dream place to live. I like those two names you chose. Seems like Something Fishy would already be taken but who knows. Thought of Aquatic Gardens or Aquatic Gardening or Fish and Friends or hey Fishin and Friends!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How neat Larkin, what a nice looking place so exciting.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Cool looking place! How many acres is the total place. I was trying to think of a name using part of your forum name here but couldn't come up with anything.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
springdale water gardens in Greenville VA is like that tons of ponds and about 8 green houses and they sell pottery and pond supplies besides fish and snails .It is at the end of a dead end street and they have all kinds of classes on pond building and waterfall and filter building and classes on maintaining a pond .I think they had around 10 different size ponds ,all shapes and sizes

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Larkin; I probably missed it somewhere along the way, but you must have quite a few acres there. May I ask how many? John

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Total cleared is just shy of ten acres, then the 1.5 acres of pond, another 2 acres in the woods along the river that would belong to us BUT there is another 7.5 acres that we can freely use in the woods along the river as long as we don't build anything permanent on that part of the property. It's a easement to the bridge and could flood as some of that property is about 10 below the house and farm property, what's cool about that is though is can be used as part of the camp grounds, riding trails, and possibly even a food plot for attracting deer. so all total there is 21 acres but only about 9 acres for the farm and business. I've talked to owner and neighbors and they told me that the low lying area may have flooded three or four times in the last 15 years. During Katrina, and a couple of other HEAVY long rains. I've considered that and it will fit right in to the over all natural effects I would like to keep in that area of the property. I would like to make the property a habitat as well as a mini farm.
Sissy is there a link or web page for Springdale water Gardens? I'd love to see that!
JW, I like the fishin and friends! May use that as the name of the farm and go with something else for the business name. That was good! another direction I can work with.

Ask a Question