Maintaing a biofalls

Reaction score
Hi. I am a Sr. citizen living in Colorado. I have a 1500 gallon Koi pond. I have an older Savio biofalls filter and a large metal barrel for another biofilter. I would like to know what you put into the Savio for filter medium

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Are you sure the barrel is metal .You can put in bio balls and I have even seen on you tube that they put lava rock .They also use filter pads and some type of cut up stuff that looks like sponges .pond digger and pond hunter both show lots of video's on bio fall filters .The filter pads are usually expensive .But check out you tube it may help

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome :) I use Savio Springflo Bio Filter Media in all my 3 bio filters and waterfall bio filter and think it works great. As you know they have a filter pad also that sits above the Savio Springflo Bio Filter Media. Look around at price, it is all over the map. I think Amazon had the cheapest price if I recall.

Last edited:

Ask a Question