Major Pond Clean Out - Derbyshire UK

Video process of pond cleaning
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Chris348 submitted a new Showcase Item:

Major Pond Clean Out - Derbyshire UK

Having moved in very recently, we inherited a lovely 9000 ltr garden pond, that had not been cleaned since its construction, some 12 years ago. We were told there were quite a few Large Goldfish in there but with the water being so green and the ponds sludge endlessly being disturbed and colouring the water, we never had the chance to see. Taking a huge leap of faith a local fishery guy offered to clean out the pond completely, remove all the sludge, safely house the livestock and refil in a day. An offer would could not refuse. The following vides will hopefully give you some idea of how the day panned. Sadly being a serving member of the Armed Forces, my work means i am away from home for extended periods, so with a huge hand from the good lady and my wallet !!! Herewith is the end result.

no drum roll required.

Read more about this showcase item here...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, thanks. Although I cant take any of the credit for the effort, but after seeing how poor the water quality was I hated the thought of the livestock suffering. Really happy with the end result so far though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Its a real shame you cant fit a bottom drain at this time to your liner running straight from under the pond to your easy pod Chris thats how many of us koi keepers run our ponds and those with them easy pods and other modles of it on their ponds .
Bottom drains make for less mess in the pond personally if you ever get the chance my friend convertover to one .
By the way if per chance your in the West Country on holiday in July why not pop along to our Clubs koi show "Plymouth and District" 24 th annual koi show on the 12 th, Carkeel Nr Saltash Cornwall at the Tamar View Garden Centre

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dave,

thank you for that mate, i really do appreciate that info. We are looking to perhaps extend the pond in a couple of years time so may have a look then ?

Chris

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Why do I see a cartoon cyclops in a rubber duck tube instead of a video link or pics of the pond?

Ask a Question