MajorDan’s Pond Today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Just thought I would start a thread on pond progress. Today is special because NH3 finally tested 0 or so close I can not tell the difference. So I will be scouting the area this weekend for some shubunkins. I think I will start with 3 and see if an egret eats them before I provide the egret with a feast.
It is also a great day since another water lily pad has surfaced and a third is approaching the surface.
Thus, things are lookin up!

Attachments

• 8E42A2C2-4FA9-41E9-A1A7-C218C71F11A8.jpeg
    8E42A2C2-4FA9-41E9-A1A7-C218C71F11A8.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 118
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Have thought a lot about nets. Wife was ready to buy nets while I was still digging the hole. I am sure I will end up with them but really wish there was a good egret defense system other than nets.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Have thought a lot about nets. Wife was ready to buy nets while I was still digging the hole. I am sure I will end up with them but really wish there was a good egret defense system other than nets.
I think nets are the only sure way, but I've seen shade sails used at deterrents, so the pond cannot be seen from above . I have fencing around the pond and a shade sail up, last year I also kept the net up 24-7. Hubby thought it ugly and wishes I'd stick with shade sail and fencing.......I'll have to give it some serious thought. We also have dogs, two of them quite large ( newfoundlands ) that chased the heron away many years ago.

Ask a Question