Making a change to my pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am going to make a little change to my pond, so I am going to lower the water level about 15"...... It's a 3000 gallon pond so I think I will take anywhere from 700 to 900 gallons out..... It's a one day project and the filtration will still be running just shutting off the skimmer and still using the bottom drain and 50% of my pond is 42" deep..... All that being said I use city water and I bought this filter to use to refill the pond.... I checked with our local water utility and they only use only chlorine... Lime.... And calgon..... No clormides..... So opinions please..... Bought off Amazon, ratings were high..... But I doubt those folks were refilling a Koi pond.... Thanks Jimmy

Attachments

• IMG_6048.JPG
    IMG_6048.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_6049.JPG
    IMG_6049.JPG
    286.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_6050.JPG
    IMG_6050.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 223

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
My thoughts are this is a considerably more expensive way to remove Chlorine than the typical Chlorine remover.
This filter.... ...........10,000 gallons treated........$35.00
Dry dechlorinator....96,000 gallons treated.......$24.99

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My thoughts are this is a considerably more expensive way to remove Chlorine than the typical Chlorine remover.
This filter.... ...........10,000 gallons treated........$35.00
Dry dechlorinator....96,000 gallons treated.......$24.99
Probably didn't do enough research..... But I take it you approve of the end result....

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Probably didn't do enough research..... But I take it you approve of the end result....

My problem with these types of devices is not their effectiveness but basically the question of how do you know when you have reached this approximate 10,000 gallon limit and you start putting chlorinated water into your pond thinking that you are safe.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My problem with these types of devices is not their effectiveness but basically the question of how do you know when you have reached this approximate 10,000 gallon limit and you start putting chlorinated water into your pond thinking that you are safe.
I will do as I did in this case..... Since I also have a pool so using my pool test kit I checked the city water coming in and then checked it after going through the filter no chlorine..... Was just wondering if there were any other drawbacks to this method..... Building a pond was no problem I used what I have learned from 44 years of being in industrial maintenance ... But I guess I am being a little nervous about this operating a pond.....

Ask a Question