Man I miss spring and summer right now :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's that time of year that not only am I getting stir crazy, so are the dogs. We need some warm weather!!!

DSCN4386_zpsc5d21829.jpg

DSCN4269_zpsb80337d8.jpg

DSCN4408_zps4ae5a541.jpg

DSCN4045b_zps9a86c13a.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And I can see why you miss summer -- what a beautiful setting you have!

I miss not having my box turtles out. I won't see them again until mid-spring, or whenever they decide it's warm enough :(

But this warm weather we're having [we're having warm spells here] is giving me lots of opportunity for pond re-hab and getting a head start on spring.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze it was sunny and 62 degrees yesterday and today 17 and snow .WHAT THE HECK

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sissy, we have not been above 48 degrees for the high this month, But we also haven't been below 30 degrees for the high this month either so I guess I can't complain. It has been sunny and blue skies for most of the month. We are in the middle of construction still on the new master bedroom. I told the contractor all must be complete no later than March 1st as that is when I will start landscaping around the addition. I will go out and take a pic now so you can see where we are at with it. It will provide a wonderful view of the pond from the bedroom.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The first picture is the old bedroom window on the left of the brick wall. The second picture shows the new bedroom now. There will be a covered patio coming off the back where I can walk out of the bedroom and sit and have coffee in the morning :) The last picture is the inside. The old bedroom is the new walk in closet and the opening to the new bedroom.

All they have left to do is brick, shingles, patio, soffet and facia. On the inside they are wrapping up the electrical and then they will sheet rock. I am doing the finish work (paint, carpentry etc.).

Where the pots are in the first picture I am going to put a bog garden. About 11' long and 8' wide. I will fill it with gravel and plants and then I am going to makes some sort of fountains out of some of my pots in the middle of the bog.

Attachments

• DSCN3830.JPG
    DSCN3830.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 339
  • DSCN0247.JPG
    DSCN0247.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCN0232.JPG
    DSCN0232.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 320

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
so guessing you are going to put a deck there and that will be a great place in the morning to have your coffee .I want to remodel 1 of my master baths ,mine .I want to take out the spa tub and put in an air jet tub .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
sissy said:
so guessing you are going to put a deck there and that will be a great place in the morning to have your coffee .I want to remodel 1 of my master baths ,mine .I want to take out the spa tub and put in an air jet tub .
Yes there will be a covered porch off the back of the bedroom. I want to hang a porch swing under it :)

We are also having the master bath re-done. The old small closet is now part of the bathroom and we are adding a double vanity. I had them remove our jetted tub and put a deep soaker tub in it's place. We never used the jets and they were a pain to keep clean.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow how nice and really will add a nice touch to the back of your home. And a covered porch by your pond, that is what I wanted but our house is 2 story and the windows above are two low so when a roof for the deck would be added it would be too low as it comes off the house and you would have to duck or hit your head on the overhang. Darn I sure did want that covered deck. Would need an architect to figure it all out to make it right so looks like too expensive a deal to do for us

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have a swing on the front porch that the chi's and I enjoy sitting on .I have been thinking about moving it to the other so we can enjoy the pond also .Yep the jetted tubs are nice but hard to clean and thats why I want a air jet tub .They have them with heated air so it will be like a fish sitting over an aerator for me

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
sissy said:
I have a swing on the front porch that the chi's and I enjoy sitting on .I have been thinking about moving it to the other so we can enjoy the pond also .Yep the jetted tubs are nice but hard to clean and thats why I want a air jet tub .They have them with heated air so it will be like a fish sitting over an aerator for me

I think the biggest benefit to the new bedroom will be for our little black and white polly pure bread Chihuahua. He finds it beneath him to be outside with me while I work in the yard. Our little rescue Chihuahua mix bread is my yard working buddy and happily stays outside with me all day. Polly pure bread used to lay on our bed and try to watch me and his brother from the small window. Now with the big windows and glass door he will have a commanding view of me and his brother doing yard work all day without leaving the comfort of the bed. LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine are like that too pee wee is spoiled and lazy and puddles is get up and try to help .Yesterday I went out to dig fresh dug potato's and there is puddles digging them up too .pee wee was just laying on the master bedroom deck watching .I got 20 red and and afraid puddles dug up the blue ones .So I made half and half for dinner .yummy good too .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
LOL, they are silly, have personalities all their own. Carlos (rescue mix) and Leo (polly pure bread) are about as opposite as can be. They love each other like brothers and quarrel like brothers LOL

My husband and I just laugh and laugh at our two boys. Rescuing Carlos from the pound is the best thing we ever did.

Here is a silly picture of them. Leo doesn't like laying near Carlos, but Carlos loves laying near Leo so Leo just puts up with him. LOL

Attachments

• DSCN0240.JPG
    DSCN0240.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 327

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh my gosh pee wee and puddles are like that too pee wee gets so angry at puddles wanting to cuddle with him .He allows it sometimes when he is chilly but other wise he will growl or move .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That is so funny Sissy. Silly Chi's.

Carlos is Happy go lucky, loves to run, fetch, play... In fact at 7:20 pm every night after he has had his greeny and dinner he yells at me to play with him. I have to play with him for at least 30 minute or he hits me and yells at me. He has a doggy bed FILLED with dog toys and loves them all.

Leo is an ornery little princess. He has an expectation that you will pet him, love and adore him or he growls at you until you do. He lays on the couch or bed as if he is expecting you to fan him with a large leaf! He turns his nose up at dog toys and thinks playing is beneath him. I have trained him well enough that when we go to bed at night he just stands there until I pick him up and carry him to bed, He doesn't walk to bed. There have been times my hands have been full so I've told him to walk. He just stands there and I have to make two trip to come back and carry his spoiled little butt to bed.

I swear Carlos LOVES to get under Leo's skin. He loves to bite Leo's butt when he is not looking or nip his hind legs. Leo gets irate and Carlos runs and smiles.

In bed Carlos growls under his breath to where unless we are paying close attention we can't hear him. Leo explodes in anger as if to say "Are you growling at me!!! do you know who I am!!!???" and if we look at Carlos he just lays there like "what, I didn't do anything" LOL every night Carlos does that to Leo.

Carlos loves his brother. He loves teasing him and he loves cuddling with him. He lays right on top of Leo and wants to snuggle. For about the first six months we had Carlos, Leo would get up and move while growling at Carlos. But now he doesn't move, but instead just gives Carlos a dirty look LOL

I could go on forever, I have so many stories about these funny boys. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Looking great Pecan. Sure is something to be excited about. Cant wait to see your bog and fountains when you get that going.

We have a small bathroom remodel on our project list for spring as well as doing some painting etc. New roof also on the agenda. Sided the house last winter/spring decided to wait on the roof till this year. Ahhh to much to do and not enough time off to do it!! :)

Ask a Question