manda fu

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I meant I searched this site for any topics on Manda fu and didn't get any hits. Was wondering if anyone used it.

Thanks koiguy1969 for your assistance. I'm a dork.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I haven't used it and from my understanding it's more of a high protein treat. I don't think it's a good winter food. I talked to some folks when I was at the Koi show in Dallas and they said their fish go nuts and eat it right out of their hands. The whole purpose for using wheat germ is to get good bacteria into the fish's intestinal tract, and to reduce the intake to slow the fish's metabolism down prior to stop feeding or as a food to feed when water starts warming. From what I was told Manda Fu is kind of like a thick soft food that comes in fairly large oieces so you can allow the fish to feed while holding the big chunk.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
FISHIN'... actually manda fu is recommended as a spring / fall food with a better than 98% digestabilty...and a summer treat.

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
thanks for all the inputs. I do have the wheat germ at this time but a fellow ponder mentioned the benefits of Manda fu. I was givin a sandwich bag full to try out. It isn't cheap, that's for sure.

If I could just convince my koi to come up from the bottom.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
FISHIN'... actually manda fu is recommended as a spring / fall food with a better than 98% digestabilty...and a summer treat.
Thanks for the input, I really didn't know for sure. I was talking to a lady at the Koi show that was talking about it a couple of times. she said she hand fed it and the fish LOVED it, she briefly talked a little bit about it and said it wasn't cheap but the fish would take it right from her hands.

Ask a Question