Marginal plant for shade area ?

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I have some shade area that only get effectively direct sunlight from 7.30-10 am, after that this area just get little-bright light (reflection from sky ?!?!?) not really sure how to explain it but not dark tho, this area is against the building wall,

what plants that will still thriving, and grow (well) in this area ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
When you say marginal do you mean in the water of dry ground? For dry ground there are any number of shade plants to chose from depending on the climate. but I am not familiar with Indonesia.

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
When you say marginal do you mean in the water of dry ground? For dry ground there are any number of shade plants to chose from depending on the climate. but I am not familiar with Indonesia.

what "in the water of dry ground means" ?

I just reffers to a bog plant in common

so basically the area is only get 2.5 hours of direct sunlight....

I need something that can thrive, any idea ???

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Taro may be your best choice. With very limited sunlight do not expect any flowering plant to do well, but there are several attractive foliage plants that may work.
The size of a plants leaves is a good indicator as to the amount of shade that it may tolerate....the larger the leaf, the greater the shade.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Canna! It's a beauty and it's tough. I like what Meyer said about the size of its leaves being an indicator of shade tolerance, canna is like 85% leaf.
I have some canna here indoors in a 24" bowl near a window; it seems happy and it does bloom.

Ask a Question