Matala Users Please!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Im looking to buy a 24"x39" Matala Mat that I can cut to go into the barrel filter. The density's look very coarse from what I can tell but Im wanting a semi fine mat for after the Blue Furnace Filter I will have stacked under.
Question is should I get the Blue (high Density) or the Gray (super High Density)? I don't want a 100 micron polish sheet lol just something comparable to say a 17" floor buffer pad in density. Thanks

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I think the blue mat would work well, as it isn't so small, as to clog up quickly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
No, sorry I don't. I have a mesh bag of bio balls, than 3 layers of the blue matala mats with bricks holding them down.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
A pot? Like a trickle tower type thing? I have a strawberry pot I use as a trickle tower. I fill it with lava rock.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
No I just bought a large pot at Lowes and hooked up my small pump to it. I'm considering lava rock with plants but am a little concerned about the weight so I was researching the biomedia as a lightweight added filter. I had originally planned the pot to be a waterfall style feature but ended up putting it in the pond. If I had planned better I would have probably ended up with a strawberry pot.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh, I see. One year I had a barrel and put potted plants in it with no media. We put a spout on it and a small filter in it.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question