material to make waterfall box

Reaction score
So I got this bright idea for my container pond of using a handing basket with coco fiber liner along one side for my marginal plants. It looks pretty good. I would like to make a container to use and a waterfall box to tuck inside the basket, in the middle, with a wide lip allowing the water to spill back into the pond.

I am having a hard time finding something that fits the size and shape of the space I have. I think I need to make something custom, but can't think of what to make it out of.

It needs to be mold-able, waterproof and somewhat lightweight when completed.

Any ideas?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I would suggest a decorative scupper mounted to a heavy plastic box and plumbed as needed.
Google----'decorative scuppers'

Reaction score
Interesting...problem is 1. I'm not sure how I would attack them to the box and 2. price. But thats a super useful term, so thank you!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Flower pots in plastic are great for filters and they come in all shapes and sizes

Reaction score
yeah, I may end up doing a pot...I was hoping to fit in snugly in my planter so it just looked like the water was flowing out of the planter. I can find a pot small enough to fit in but the edges won't lip over like I really want them to. I got to thinking I could sculpt something or carve something but I can't figure out what to make it out of that would stay water tight.

Reaction score
its like this one:
649398522185lg.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Why not put plants there that grow real slow this way it will look more natural .There are lists of slow growing plants .

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I wonder if any type of gutter flashing would work. It's fairly lightweight and might have the type of lip you want. Plus I think if you cut it to width you might be able to bend the edges to make sure the water wouldn't fall off the sides.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great idea because I saw that plastic gutters in lowes and home depot and they now come all the way up to 9 and 12 inch's in size and with end caps that may work .I was amazed at how wide gutters come in these days .I have 8 inch gutters and thought they were big

Ask a Question