j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I looked again and it's not really screen door material it's a black plastic material w/a tiny bit bigger holes that the screen door stuff. It works great! I've used it for other stuff in the pond and it lasts forever.

IMG_8430.JPG

IMG_8431.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
window screen does degrade ,it is the reason I had to make new plant pockets .The back pad is a reusable furnace filter View attachment 102571
it depends on material , i think u were using some type of fiberglass one? if u use nylon plastic type it lasts forever in water , i have some for securing pump
I looked again and it's not really screen door material it's a black plastic material w/a tiny bit bigger holes that the screen door stuff. It works great! I've used it for other stuff in the pond and it lasts forever.
View attachment 102575
nice ur rite i have some of mosquito netting for prefilter its same as new but i think it will pass sand particles ?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used to use screen door stuff but for my pockets it was to ridged and I was afraid raw ends would hurt fish .But most screen door stuff is made the same as window screening ,just larger holes .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep @Usman I think fine sand would pass through. Mine just collects that mucky green yuck in the pond. Fills that basket up in no time tho and have to empty it lots. Easy tho w/just some squirts of the hose. Then throw back in and do it again.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It would be easy to rig it to catch fine and heavy stuff ,just put quilt batting or reusable furnace filter under the window screening or door screening .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This the kind I have.
It's a plastic mesh, no fiberglass. The holes are only about 1/16".
Plastic mesh.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have never seen that kind here because of ditch's and water sitting in them breeding mosquito's they only sell fine mesh stuff here and for screen doors most put in metal mesh screening because of dogs and children .

Ask a Question