Maybe a New Way to Place Pond Lights?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
Has anyone just dangle their 1 watt each pond lights over the edge to light up the wall? I'm tired of dropping the water in my 250/300ish gal pond to reposition the lights due to plants growing bigger, falling out of placement, or just not angled right to make it look beautiful. Maybe at different levels. I have two larger, I think 3 watts each, lights placed at the bottom to light up that area. So all I need is to have the walls lit. I can’t remove rocks. They are foamed in. I’m trying to think outside the box for spring. AND Thanks to all of you that take the time to answer questions. You're a God Send!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Has anyone just dangle their 1 watt each pond lights over the edge to light up the wall? I'm tired of dropping the water in my 250/300ish gal pond to reposition the lights due to plants growing bigger, falling out of placement, or just not angled right to make it look beautiful. Maybe at different levels. I have two larger, I think 3 watts each, lights placed at the bottom to light up that area. So all I need is to have the walls lit. I can’t remove rocks. They are foamed in. I’m trying to think outside the box for spring. AND Thanks to all of you that take the time to answer questions. You're a God Send!!!
I noticed on koiphen.com that most are using lights above the water so that the fine floating particles do not show up...Not too many on that site installing underwater lighting... I would do it since it makes the view much clearer but my lights are already installed below...

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking into lighting options as well. Are you sure your pond is only 200-300 gallons? I can easily reach into my small pond without lowering the water level.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
Mine is 3 feet deep. About maybe 4 feet across. then I have it running up to the top and then down for a river like about 15 feet long.
E34AEDE7-A804-4D08-87D6-01415E2BA180_1_105_c.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i use rocks tap cons and or aquarium epoxy to hold the lights in place

Ask a Question