Meanwhile, in Michigan...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
9F last night but 19F now and sun is shining; pics outside and under the pond tent

220103 - pond with snow 10F 2.jpg

220103 - pond with snow 10F 1.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 11.51.55 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just wondering...what's the temperature of the water?
sorry, should have delineated; the upper temp gage is for the pond tent air , the lower is the water temp about 25" down. Can't get my probe lower without moving the gage stand further away from my camera and EASILY reading it! That said, it only got down to 10F last night after being near 40 the previous few days. Should be more illuminating in a week after that many days of sub freezing day temps and single digits or thereabouts, at night.

[edit] ah, I see my third pic didn't post as supposed to, so there; fixed!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
I tought your pond house was closed with a roof ... damn a bit of snow.
Jw so bad cant send you my snow...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I tought your pond house was closed with a roof ... damn a bit of snow.
Jw so bad cant send you my snow...
in the spring, summer, and early fall, I have a 'screen' top, which I have to roll back before winter or else the snow will pull it down, so snow gets in through the lattice wood top. Tis okay, the snow helps insulate once it gets a bit thick enough.

A pic showing the lattice, from last winter. They're straight--the lens makes them appear curved at the edges.

210128 - winter pond lattice pics 2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
in the spring, summer, and early fall, I have a 'screen' top, which I have to roll back before winter or else the snow will pull it down, so snow gets in through the lattice wood top. Tis okay, the snow helps insulate once it gets a bit thick enough.

A pic showing the lattice, from last winter. They're straight--the lens makes them appear curved at the edges.

View attachment 146057
You sure do have a lot of energy brokensword!

Ask a Question