Medicated food: Brand and online supplier ASAP

Reaction score
Nothing is certain, but think my large koi who has been swimming funky has a bacterial and or swim bladder issue going on. Brand new symptom as of today is popeye to boot (or at least in the one eye she still has)...

Doing a full water change over the course of the day tomorrow, as the last round of Proform C just went into the water, and will then get the salt up to .3% (Swimming problem started before the start of the Proform C - treatment was precautionary relating to other fish).

Need to double check, was planning to add Prazi tomorrow after the water change (Prazi was also precautionary relating to other fish), and I *think* that is safe with the salt...

I can NOT get medicated koi food locally. Need to find a good product (that is likely to be eaten), and from a company who ships promptly. Anyone have any favorites?

Thanks in advance!!!

Reaction score
Things have been a bit hectic here. Thank you for the advice here and in PM.

Ended up finding an antibacterial dusting that you mix with your normal food. Of course she wont eat it:-( Tried to give her some peas as well, but she only spit them out (maybe 2-3 stayed down, but the other fish got the rest that she spit out)... Finally did the water change last night to get the bulk of the proform out of the water (75% water change)... she has been doing a bit better (before and after water change)... Now she is able to hover is place (at all water levels), and even swim the length of the QT correctly (10' long), turns are still off (more a summersault turn), but is also now taking some right turns (instead of only going left), and only a couple of barrel rolls at a time before righting herself... Hubby and son also gave her a salt dip last night. I was a bit nervous mixing the salt, knowing that salt and proform c dont mix... the water used came from the outside pond (which is how we refill the QT)... only used 2.5 cups to 10 gallons of water, so should have been in the .3-.4% range. Kept her in it for about 15 minutes. She handled it well.... any advice here? Would you increase the salt, or the length? Where we got the meds said to make SALT WATER, right at 1% or a bit higher and only leave her in that for 2-3 minutes, but that seemed more extreme than *I* could handle. Also, how often would you dip her? She is easy to handle, dont need to net her.. she comes to you, and just need two people to securely lift her. (If you missed the other posts on the other thread she is around 25".)

Ask a Question