meds to prevent moldy eggs

Reaction score
Should I treat eggs for mold daily or just first day? eggs are now 24 hours old and I did a 5 gallon water change but did not add more malachite?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I haven't ever added any thing to my eggs
I will pull out some if they look moldy and pull out all the eggs the 5th morning
When the water is warm I will see fry on the 3 rd morning

Reaction score
thank you here comes the STUPID question!!! What color should fertilized eggs be? These are all white the koi that laid these is about 1year. If these are not viable, I need to remove them, clean tank and start over....my 3 yr olds are getting ready to spawn and I should have a better chance at success.

Reaction score
I seem to have all three :):) so I did an in and out at the same time water change (that was quite interesting I looked like a one arm paper hanger) so we will see. some of the eggs are opaque and starting to have a shine to them....I am trying to come up with some method to run pump on low to help with water conditions. Maybe a basket with netting to keep them from being sucked in?

Reaction score
Hopefully I will know whats fertile before my older guys lay theirs. Also do I add fungus meds on once or add lesser amounts with each water change......My husband says I am obsessed and he is right.....

Reaction score
Update! doing water changes 2 or 3 times a day and will be glad when they hatch or I know to dump and start over! older two pairs getting ready to spawn

Ask a Question