Meet "Tubbs"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just barely two months ago I set up a container water garden in our raised flowerbeds. I took a pot of lizard's tail from our big pond and set it in the tub. Well, about a month later my husband calls me over to look at something, which I figured would be a tadpole or something. Nope! There swimming around in the tub was a brown FISH about an inch long!!!! I was amazed. It not only survived on its own, eating whatever was available in that tub, but grew SO quickly! A couple weeks ago, I look into the tub and see that the fish not only grew much larger, but was now brown with white and black blotches! Now that the weather is starting to warm up, I feared that the water in the tub would get way to hot for the fish, so today I netted him out. And here it is, white with speckles, a black smear on the head, and a little orange on the side of its face. It measured 2 INCHES! I introduced him into our big pond and last season's babies came to greet him. This fish is nearly as large as last year's pond babies! It also has a broad deep body. Amazing stuff!

Last edited:

Ask a Question