Members and Guests

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a shame when you look into a forum right at the bottom it tells you who is ONLINE and how many members there are or Admins, yet there are so many GUESTS "WHY" if you did not like FISH you would not be reading !

One of the best things I have done on the internet is to find a forum so Helpfullllllll

maybe this note should be in the feedback area , I am pretty sure the Admins & Mods will correct this as the forum has corrected me in a lot of puzzles Ive had over a pond

DONT BE A GUEST SAY HELLO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a shame when you look into a forum right at the bottom it tells you who is ONLINE and how many members there are or Admins, yet there are so many GUESTS "WHY" if you did not like FISH you would not be reading !

One of the best things I have done on the internet is to find a forum so Helpfullllllll

maybe this note should be in the feedback area , I am pretty sure the Admins & Mods will correct this as the forum has corrected me in a lot of puzzles Ive had over a pond

DONT BE A GUEST SAY HELLO

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You are right on. Unfortunatley, there are a lot of takers and very few givers. A lot of our membership came here only after an emergency forced them to join so they could post. Once they get what they want, we never see them again.

That said, we welcome everyone and our numbers speak for themselves. We are the premier forum for the small and large ponder. We especially look after the small guys that have been kicked around by some of the snob forums.

I even have the forum address on my business cards.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You are right on. Unfortunatley, there are a lot of takers and very few givers. A lot of our membership came here only after an emergency forced them to join so they could post. Once they get what they want, we never see them again.

That said, we welcome everyone and our numbers speak for themselves. We are the premier forum for the small and large ponder. We especially look after the small guys that have been kicked around by some of the snob forums.

I even have the forum address on my business cards.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I lot of people are just afraid to step into the water.. :lol:
Its not bad in here once you get in

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I lot of people are just afraid to step into the water.. :lol:
Its not bad in here once you get in

Reaction score
" Givers and takers."

All who choose to better their environment, however great or small, are givers. If the decision of those of us who do not have the expertise as some of you humble correspondents choose to benefit from said expertise, comes across as taking advantage of you, perhaps it is you who ought to reflect on the nature of giving and taking. If I for one have not thanked all involved enough, that is one thing, for I, my family, and my fish, have benefitted immeasurably from this forum.
I will continue to peruse, continue to benefit, and continue to thank those kind enough to offer answers to my many questions.

BR

Reaction score
" Givers and takers."

All who choose to better their environment, however great or small, are givers. If the decision of those of us who do not have the expertise as some of you humble correspondents choose to benefit from said expertise, comes across as taking advantage of you, perhaps it is you who ought to reflect on the nature of giving and taking. If I for one have not thanked all involved enough, that is one thing, for I, my family, and my fish, have benefitted immeasurably from this forum.
I will continue to peruse, continue to benefit, and continue to thank those kind enough to offer answers to my many questions.

BR

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
That comment was not aimed at people with many posts. When I cleaned up the rostor of over 1200 who signed up and never posted, they all had one thing in common, phishing.

While doing this, I discovered hundreds that had less than 5 posts. In reading some, I discovered they were mostly takers.

We love that people are here to learn and have no problem with that. I'm sure there are a lot of folks that read and don't post often.

That said, the folks here to read daily are not what I consider to be takers, it is those that came, took, and never came back that I am talking about. We are happy to be able to everyone, including the takers.

Moderating a forum this size takes many hours daily. We sometimes have to let off a little steam. :lol:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
That comment was not aimed at people with many posts. When I cleaned up the rostor of over 1200 who signed up and never posted, they all had one thing in common, phishing.

While doing this, I discovered hundreds that had less than 5 posts. In reading some, I discovered they were mostly takers.

We love that people are here to learn and have no problem with that. I'm sure there are a lot of folks that read and don't post often.

That said, the folks here to read daily are not what I consider to be takers, it is those that came, took, and never came back that I am talking about. We are happy to be able to everyone, including the takers.

Moderating a forum this size takes many hours daily. We sometimes have to let off a little steam. :lol:

Reaction score
Completely understandable.
My comment was not meant to slight, but rather aimed at those like myself who have perhaps felt self conscious having benefited from all of you and given almost nothing back. I do at times feel like I have an answer to a question but have hesitated to offer it as I know that one of the regulars will answer in a more qualified manner.
My background is in finance and education. One day I will add 'ponding' to the list.
Best.
BR

Reaction score
Completely understandable.
My comment was not meant to slight, but rather aimed at those like myself who have perhaps felt self conscious having benefited from all of you and given almost nothing back. I do at times feel like I have an answer to a question but have hesitated to offer it as I know that one of the regulars will answer in a more qualified manner.
My background is in finance and education. One day I will add 'ponding' to the list.
Best.
BR

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I actually learn a lot from those who know little. It forces me to not only think but to research as well. I have 2 computers side by side. One for research, and one for the Forum Moderation. I keep both buzzing when the replies start stacking up.
Speaking of which, I need to take my desktop computer apart and see why the CPU fan is not running...

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I actually learn a lot from those who know little. It forces me to not only think but to research as well. I have 2 computers side by side. One for research, and one for the Forum Moderation. I keep both buzzing when the replies start stacking up.
Speaking of which, I need to take my desktop computer apart and see why the CPU fan is not running...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Big Red said:
I do at times feel like I have an answer to a question but have hesitated to offer it as I know that one of the regulars will answer in a more qualified manner.

I think this is a lot of it. I've had my pond for a long time. I don't know anything about biology and how the pond as a whole works from that stand point. But, I get on here every day and read the posts and learn. I have changed the components of my bio filter several times after reading on here how it is suppose to be set up. So, for me, I'm more of a reader and learn, than a poster. This site has been very helpful to me.

Ask a Question