Merry Christmas!

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I don't see a holiday thread here so I'm just going to start one up. This is the usual time when I send my greetings out. I deal with a lot of Europeans and I find that they are much more into holidays than we are. Currently we (Americans) seem to be ridding ourselves of all of our old traditions for the sake of not offending anyone but I'm too old to change my ways.

So anyway, Merry Christmas to all of you folks here. I hope everyone has a happy and fun filled season!!!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have to say, maybe I live under a rock, but Christmas feels now as it did when I was young. Sure, the childhood magic of it has long since faded, but traditions still seems to be the same as they were when I was a child, both within my family and outside of it. The only time I hear anything different is when its coming from the media. If it is changing, I suppose that's no surprise. Every century seems to bring major changes to holiday traditions. I suppose its a form of evolution, or equally as likely, de-evolution.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, and here are a few photos to go along with it:

IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_6408.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a cute little norfolk pine decorate with led lights for our christmas tree.

Merry Christmas to all and a happy happy great new year!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We have an artificial tree with led lights and a train going around it. Plus a live table tree in memory of my son. I feel the same way JB does. The magic of Christmas is still with me through all these years. Maybe it's watching the grandkids having that same feeling keeps it going.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
addy1 said:
We have a cute little norfolk pine decorate with led lights for our christmas tree.

Merry Christmas to all and a happy happy great new year!
As long as it's not a palm tree! :cheerful:
John

Ask a Question