Metamorphosis

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
It all started back in 2005 with a vision......That vision was drawn onto paper and redrawm many many more times (I still have the notebook with all the drawings). Then it was laid out first with a hose and some flag markers and finally spray painted.......

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
After several hours of the machinery I have what begins to look like a hole in the ground....And also wonder what the hell I got myself into, no turning back now.....

Attachments

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Then came the liner, it was 50' long so I had to build a contraption to unroll it, you can see my pump house in the background (pic #2). Then I started to fill it...

Attachments

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
This is the first time I have hooked up my pump to see it work. The first two pics are my neice and nephew and the third pic I just couldn't hold it any longer. The fourth pic is the start of my waterfall flowing and the last pic is the first laid rocks.

Attachments

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Some fall pics of the pond a few weeks before I shut it down for the winter. In the third pic you can see how small my tree that is in the pond is, it is in only about 12" of water, later you will see this tree in the larger pond and is now about 6' tall. My wife kept on fishing out the algae the first year.

Attachments

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
This is where I tear out the small pond and make one long creek and then a small second creek that is fed with just a little bit of water.

Attachments

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
And just a few more to go.......The first one shows my bridge and a brick I found on the bank of the Ohio river while kyacking it. The last four is how it looks now with it all filled in...

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements