MicrobeLift Products Causing Bubbles?

Reaction score
Hello:

I am currently fighting an algea problem by using two products (1) Microbe Lift Autumn/Winter Prep (beneficial bacteria with special cold weather strain) and (2) Microbe Lift Barley Straw Extract. According to Microbe Lift these two products are OK to use together. The Barley straw is supposed to help reduce/prevent algae and the beneficial bacteria is supposed to help break down minerals and debris.

My problem is twofold - (1) the solution has had only moderate impact on my problem. I still have green water, just a lighter shade of pale green and (2) I now have a coating of bubbles on top of my pond from my fountain whereas I never had this problem until I started using these products together. I was previously just using the beneficial bacteria and had no bubble issues. It was only when I started adding the barley extract as well that it first occurred. Somehow it makes the water extra frothy and easy to make and sustain bubbles.

Any ideas why this is occurring, whether it is expected, and what can be done about it? Any alternative product recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Ask a Question