250 gallon rounded corner blue prefab
laguna three trie waterfall kit
additional 500 gal rated fountain filter/pump

set up April of this year:
3- 4 inch koi, two are butterfly
2- 3 inch koi
2 trap door snails
5 tadpoles

I had started the construction of a 35 gl filter in addition to the two current filter.
This is my first pond and I have been doing a ton of resurch on it, i have several years of salt and fesh expierence but this is all a bit different to me.

Now the delema, I am a sailor onboard the USS Bataan and we deployed in May... my boyfriend and I live together so he is taking care of the house, dogs, and pond. Well he couldnt figuer out how to finish setting up the 35 gal filter so thats not attached, we had a storm and he said it knocked the waterfall and it started leaking so he turned it off (so thats another filter disconnected at teh moment). There is live rock from our old reef tank that was dismanteled in Nov in the pond, one water lily and one WH (I just orders more from another memeber on here)

The questions I have:

1- it is a BLUE prefab, when i first posted pictuers some people said it would not be noticable in a year but with the construction of the deck around it the lip is the same level as the stone so it shows and looks pretty tacky. SO, should I get the liner I can paint on or should I get a tradisional liner and lay it inside and over the edges?

2- Skimmer. I was looking at the oasis swim-skim, has anyone else used one of these?

3- besides better filter, is there a good way to get rid of the green?

Attachments

• pond 1.JPG
    pond 1.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 270
  • pond 2.JPG
    pond 2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 265
Reaction score
As log as your pre-formed has no leaks a heavy epdm wouldn't be necessary. Your only going for the looks,not watertightness. My first "pond" was a blue kiddie pool that I lined with black plastic. I think it was 4mil thickness. It came on a roll, 10ft. wide by 25ft. long. I got it in the hardware department. It cost about $5.

Ask a Question