Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Noticed yesterday evening that my newest female has found her a suitor in my 2nd oldest male so I might have some hatchlings running around before too long if the eggs are viable and survive that is. I will post some pictures when she lays some eggs and might be able to get a video of the hatching if I am lucky.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
that's exciting! congratz :)

I wish turtle found my pond. I know there used to be box turtle around (found a shell in the woods one day) but I have not seen any around.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
that's exciting! congratz :)

I wish turtle found my pond. I know there used to be box turtle around (found a shell in the woods one day) but I have not seen any around.
It is pretty hard to get them to come to the pond naturally but it can happen. I have had eastern box's show up a few times but never any aquatics. Mine are all hatched and raised first in my aquariums then once they are about 5 inches they get to move to the ponds.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
turtle daddy .
The turtles interestingly enough do sort of get attached to their caregivers in a parent child kind of way when you are the first thing they see when they are hatchlings (size of a quarter) and then you feed and care for them into juvenile size.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We used to get the snapping turtles when i was growing up laying eggs in the farm gardens from Raritan Canal .Used to scare you sometimes walking through the gardens and seeing the ground move and then seeing lots of them come up and head for the canal

Ask a Question