j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wait I lied only one thing ever worked for me and it was called Paxil and it is not so great for you so I quit taking it but let me tell you from the day I started taking it till the day I quit I never had any of those meno symptoms. Then when I stopped taking them they all came right back again!

Reaction score
I'm not shy, and dont mind chatting details, but worry about grossing out the guys LOL ...

IF YOU ARE MALE, YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS!!!!

My only issue was my FLOW was constant for 3 months straight. Lots of tests, feeling like a lab rat ...Was talking about ablation to solve the problem ... There was a concern with the papsmeer results (but not enough so that I am worried about it - some atypical grandular cells, but rules out ablation) ,,, Uterine biopsy also done, and clear ... So was a pelvic US ... clear except for a cyst on an ovary ... they want to do another pelvic US in two weeks for another look at just that ... not worried, have a history with them... colposcopy in two weeks for a closer look at the atypical grandular cells ...and an outpatient surgery to be scheduled to remove a uterine polyp they couldnt twist off in the office ... The major hot/cold flashes and cramping are being caused by the progesterone (along with other side effects while my body adjusted to it) .. Stopped the "unscheduled" bleeding. So since it did work, now the doc wants to switch to the provera ...

Now if you really want to laugh your ass off ... Doc called in the script ... I was driving, so hubby went in to get it for me ... pharmasists asks him if he has any questions about taking this med ... he says yes, if he is so high on percs (joke, he cant take any pain med/no tolerance LOL), and mistakes the provera for the perc, will he start lactating??? The poor girl was soooo confused ... looked down at what the script was and was like wait a minute, these arent for YOU .... (Provera is just another form of progesterone LOL)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had fibroid tumors non cancerous and they gave me a heck of time w/ flow. Finally had enough and had the uterus taken out but left the ovaries. Nice not to have to deal w/ it anymore let me tell you. Still have the hot flashes but not so much on the sweats and that was the worst symptom of all and glad it is better. Those cysts on the ovaries are common and usually nothing. I had one too and they come and they go. Not on anything now, no estrogen etc. Nothing but the Paxil helped so not doing anything.
Poor lady trying to help your hubby :LOL:

Reaction score
Hitting middle age just sucks LOL. Like I said, all the "wrong" things are typical at my age. Absolute worst case, I MAY develop cervical cancer at some point, but since all other tests are clear, there is no concern. It is highly treatable IF there is any progression. So I get to go under the microscope to document every little thing for later comparisons ... oh well ...

Glad he had a sense of humor with her ... he had a rough day.

Something else good happend tonight too ... Gained a new client in the fall ,, not a big job,,, $135 to take away a dead tree already on the ground, and fix a leak on the bulkhead (not a normal thing he does for others, but this is an old man) ... charging a "senior rate" (labor is 50% of the normal) ... Did more work before they came back (2nd home) ... I guess all the way from NJ he (in his 90s) was worrying how much of a mess the place would be ... daughter tells him they'll worry about it when they got here ... They got here, and the place was spotless... They had told hubby in the fall that they would be here for Easter, and IF POSSIBLE, to do a spring clean up before they came ... he did ... well, they didnt think he would remember, they didnt call, nor send any money ... Then they were worrying about what the bill would be, a neighbor told them "the guys were there all day"... Hubby gave them the bill, and there was a very generous tip in the check:) Now yet another client mailing him keys ... no charge, we do house checks for our nonlocal clients after storms to be sure all is well, and if something is wrong, deal with it/bill them, or get someone who can. Love happy clients:)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
C o n f I d e n t I a l. For w o m e n. O n l y!

Hey I work in a bakery and we are all middle age women, and I know all about "bleeding to death" for months!! Very common and it will go away eventually. I had the same problem and was scared to go to the doctor cause I hate the "scratch and sniff" test so I suffered for a while and then went only to be told it was all fairly normal, and I did think I was really going to bleed to death at one point! Ha ha ha. Things are now back to normal, except now I seem to go for two or three months without the "traditional" bleed to death! Good grief! I suffered for a long time in silence because I was too embarrassed to tell anyone! :)

No medication here, it does not help much anyway from what I have been told.

Reaction score
Never felt like I was bleeding to death (was really heavy too), but COULD feel the fact that I was anemic... just started eating more iron foods and a multi vitamin. I put off going to the doc as I figured he was going to tell me it was time for a D&C ...

I am not shy, and am the type who will intentionally embarrass a kid (mine or their friends) at every oppurtunity (it's called desentizing). Hubby is no better LOL ... Ohhh the things we have both done to embarrass the girls especially!!! Hubby has walked through CVS with a package of "pads" on his head, dancing ... daughter was horrified ... he LOUDLY tells her that there isnt a woman in the store who hasnt been through what she was going through ... the cashier told her it was ok to punch him LOL.

By the same token, I also tend to forget where I am, especially on the phone, and may have said a few things others may not want to hear ... Until a few years ago, I was also a dog breeder... one of my bitches was in season, and the stud owner was in GA ... she had called me, while I was at the meat section of the grocery store, to tell me her boy had been collected and was on its way ... I was asking 20 questions about the quality of the semen. One of the last things I had said back to her was I was glad that for an old him, his sperm count was so high ... well, unknown to me, until a package of meat went FLYING back into the case, there was an OLD MAN standing next to me ... ooopppppssssss!!!!!

Reaction score
Okay, just checked Facebook, and found this ... couldnt resist ....

Attachments

• carp.jpg
    carp.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 209

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ewwwwwwwwwww ...........time for bed now it's almost midnight and I just got back from a late night walk. Was so nice out and frogs and coyotes were singing together in harmony :goodnight:

Reaction score
I think our fish are getting HUNGRY ... For the last couple of weeks, on the warmer days, I've been seeing them nibble on the hair algae that was out there, but didnt want to start feeding til it warmed up a bit more. Havent looked at the temp in about a week (because I borrowed their thermometer LOL), but last check was still low 50s and our weather has been all over the place. Looking like the weather is going to be near 60 all week, so need to see how the pond temp is doing, and maybe break out the spring food. Right now they look like a huge litter of puppies tearing apart pillows, the way they are RIPPING the new greens off the water cress, water celery and parrots feather ... If we dont start feeding soon, I dont think we'll have any of these plants this year, regardless of how invasive they are LOL.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Monsters! Why don't they just eat all the algae everyone has problems w/ and stay away from the stuff we want! We dipped back down to the 40's here now and so you are lucky w/ your 60's so enjoy it while its there as ya never know when it will jump down again. Guess that's why they call it Spring as it goes up and down all the time.

Reaction score
Hubby has been sooo nice to them too leaving some hair algae out there for them. He pulled it all, except for 2 clumps, at each end of the main pond. MY comets and shubunkins are happy to nibble on the bit of algae on their liner, but HIS koi are sooo naughty (they are only HIS cuz they are being naughty LOL)! I said something to him yesterday, and he was like noooo, they are eating bugs ... Im not that stupid LOL ... He came home for lunch, and I told him what they were doing today (really making a mess of the plants) and he again tried to say they were eating bugs LOL... Going to give him a bug LOL.

Today is absolutely beautiful outside. 57*F. First day since fall I have been able to open a couple of windows wide open. The fresh air in the house smells sooo good. I can SMELL SPRING. Tomorrow they are calling for a high of 63*F ... still dropping to the 40s at night, and then Thursday night we are supposed to get back down into the 30s:-(

Went and got their thermometer back from the babies ... outside is still at 52*F ... Really thinking about feeding them ... the spring/fall food says 39* to 50*F ... I've been waiting for 55*F ... sigh ...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
When your hubby gets home one of these days and sees a bigger mess they have made who will he blame then? He will see them in action one of these days. I'd wait on the feeding till those night times temps behave themselves. Especially w/ the koi. Oh hey is that the sun I see here trying to squeeze out from those rain clouds..............I sure hope so!

Ask a Question