More cobblestones and driveway work

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well I am making a dent in my cobblestone pile now. I edged the entire driveway with cobbles set in cement and removed the crushed stone and rotted timbers that was the edge that was there and put crushed asphalt in it's place. I compacted it all too. I started the walkway with cobblestones too, this is a bit slow as you have to set each one due to the varying thickness. I am really liking the color of the cobbles too. The pavers where already there when we bought the house but I think the cobbles will compliment the pond surrounding much more.

Before
IMG_3693.JPG

Removed the gravel and installed the cobblestone edge
IMG_3694.JPG

Finished job

IMG_3696.JPG

The start of the walkway about 12ft done, a lot more left

IMG_3695.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well I am making a dent in my cobblestone pile now. I edged the entire driveway with cobbles set in cement and removed the crushed stone and rotted timbers that was the edge that was there and put crushed asphalt in it's place. I compacted it all too. I started the walkway with cobblestones too, this is a bit slow as you have to set each one due to the varying thickness. I am really liking the color of the cobbles too. The pavers where already there when we bought the house but I think the cobbles will compliment the pond surrounding much more.

Before
View attachment 111418
Removed the gravel and installed the cobblestone edge
View attachment 111419

Finished job

View attachment 111421
The start of the walkway about 12ft done, a lot more left

View attachment 111420
those cobbles are gorgeous!! are you going to use rockies luster on them?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
those cobbles are gorgeous!! are you going to use rockies luster on them?
Thanks, I have not really though about putting a luster on them, but that wet look does bring out the colors. You may have a idea :):)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, I have not really though about putting a luster on them, but that wet look does bring out the colors. You may have a idea :):)
IF I wasn't still buried in projects id be on my way to your supplier and getting a couple hundred myself. As you know with cobbles you only get a lot where they are all in gray tones or all are black. You have a great mix brown, gray, black you got it all that's historical blends very very hard to find. When I was doing historical restorations I could have sold those like hot cakes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
IF I wasn't still buried in projects id be on my way to your supplier and getting a couple hundred myself. As you know with cobbles you only get a lot where they are all in gray tones or all are black. You have a great mix brown, gray, black you got it all that's historical blends very very hard to find. When I was doing historical restorations I could have sold those like hot cakes.
So true, tough to find colors for sure. I only paid $1.50 each too.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Darn beautiful! I am just trying to get caught up on weeds!

Ask a Question