More New Babies!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I picked up these little guys on my way home from work today. I got them from the same breeder I bought my other Koi from. These guys are a little smaller (about 5 inches including fins) but he had them priced a little more because of their colors ($30 a piece). I had $100 on me so I told him that and said I guess that's 3 right? He told me he would give more 4 for $100, so I got these 4 beauties :)

So now I have 8 Koi in my pond, 13 large comets, about 20-25 baby comets and 2 hybrids. I gave the guy the measurements of my pond and as I suspected he said at most it is 6000 gallons, but probably closer to 5000.

I spotted the little guy with the yellow head first and picked him out right away.

BTW, this is the guy who literally has thousands of Koi in all shapes and sizes and probably 40-60 thousand gallons of water in his back yard.

And here they are... Ohhhhh cute little sweet baby cakes!!!!

DSCN2411.jpg

DSCN2412.jpg

DSCN2413.jpg

DSCN2414.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Those are real beauties w/ nice bright colors! And no it never ends forever and ever Amen!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
So did whoever sold them to you identify them? I love the Ki Gin Rin, If that fish will hold it's yellow (Ki) until it gets large it will be a real beauty. The shusui (Blue back with the red/orange sides) has some great color and that fish always gets better with age. It's top scales are messy but even looking down each side.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks Larkin! I really like them and they seem to get along fine with the other fishies, they all swam off together right after I put them in :)

He said what they were, but I haven't learned what any of it means yet and don't remember what he said. :redface: I just knew they were super cute! :luxlove: :)

Reaction score
Beautiful fish Pecan. This the guy in Sandy? I went and saw his place a couple weeks ago, it was crazy. I didn't even get to see everything he had. Need to build my other pond first before I do much Koi shopping. Didn't seem all that friendly though. Maybe it's just me.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Beautiful fish Pecan. This the guy in Sandy? I went and saw his place a couple weeks ago, it was crazy. I didn't even get to see everything he had. Need to build my other pond first before I do much Koi shopping. Didn't seem all that friendly though. Maybe it's just me.

Yes it is the guy in Sandy. And no he doesn't seem too friendly LOL, but I always seem to get along with folks others think are abrasive or not nice, so he and I get along well. ;) Actually spent about an hour just chatting pond stuff with him before I got the fish.

Reaction score
OH wow they are all so beautiful. I have never paid over 20 for a fish because I am a cheapie lol....but I might have if I had choices like that. Beautiful.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol beautiful fish!
most of mine are under 2 bucks, most expensive was 4.50 ..............

Reaction score
pretty fish pecan.. the one looks a little mine i bought..wife says they look creepy... and as a sidebar, must be nice to have $100 on you... can you tell us poor people what that feels like....j/k :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My first ones were 12 for a dollar feeder fish and then I found some free ones on freecycle and then I splurged and bought 6 Shubbies for a couple dollars each :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
[quote name='don't ask' timestamp='1339120949' post='122912']
pretty fish pecan.. the one looks a little mine i bought..wife says they look creepy... and as a sidebar, must be nice to have $100 on you... can you tell us poor people what that feels like....j/k :)
[/quote]

Let me tell ya, I had hit the ATM and the money was burning a hole in my pocket LOL :LOL: I feel much better now that I have gotten rid of it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yes, yes I am. I could say I am going pond crazy! I am planning my next pond and I want it to be 6' deep LOL. My little 5000 gallon pond just seems too small now LOL.

Reaction score
Yes, yes I am. I could say I am going pond crazy! I am planning my next pond and I want it to be 6' deep LOL. My little 5000 gallon pond just seems too small now LOL.

wow pecan, what would you do if you lived somewhere like J.W. does?

Ask a Question