more OBAMANOMICS

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
sharing an email i got with you........

Another Obama Nightmare
Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it?

That¹s $3,800 on a $100,000 home etc.
When did this happen? It¹s in the healthcare bill. Just thought you should know.
SALES TAX TO GO INTO EFFECT 2013 (Part of HC Bill)
REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

So, this is "change you can believe in"?
Under the new health care bill - did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax? The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 (presumably after obama¹s re-election). You can thank Nancy, Harry and Barack and your local Democrat Congressman for this one. If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Is this Hope & Change great or what? Does this stuff makes your November and 2012 votes more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either (result of clandestine midnight voting for huge bills they've never read). AND, there are a few other surprises lurking.

Reaction score
That email was not 100% true:

In his recent guest column regarding the impact of the health care bill, Paul Guppy of the Washington Policy Center claimed that a 3.8 percent tax on all home sales was a part of the recently passed legislation. This is inaccurate and needs to be corrected. The truth about the bill is that if you sell your home for a profit above the capital gains threshold of $250,000 per individual or $500,000 per couple then you would be required to pay the additional 3.8 percent tax on any gain realized over this threshold.

Most people who sell their homes will not be impacted by these new regulations. This is not a new tax on every seller, and that correction needs to be made. This tax is aimed at so-called “high earners” – if you do not fall into that category you will not pay any extra taxes upon the sale of your home.

In short, rather than having to a pay a tax of 3.8 percent of the amount you realize on the sale of your primary residence, the truth is something quite different – that if your joint-return adjusted gross income is over $250,000, you might have to pay a tax of 3.8 percent of the amount of gain you realize over $500,000.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
The People that actually work for a living get screwed
If you do nothing and just get your check on the 1st your OK

Reaction score
my parents keep telling me they are both gonna quit their jobs and still get paid cause soon they said we will be losing money!!!!!!!! also go watch on youtube We didnt wait obama and its the first video my brother had to make it for school. watch the whole thing it shows all obamas lies .....

:eek:~marino~:lol:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
He will be crippled after the November election, then voted out 2 years later. He will go down in history as the worst president ever. Michelle will go down as the most expensive weekend shopping trip a 1st lady ever had. And who got the money? Spain...

Reaction score
DrDave said:
He will be crippled after the November election, then voted out 2 years later. He will go down in history as the worst president ever. Michelle will go down as the most expensive weekend shopping trip a 1st lady ever had. And who got the money? Spain...

Jimmy Carter will be happy to have that title off his back.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's too bad we all can't have a civilized conversations on subjects like this as either side could learn from the other perhaps w/o any name calling. :cold: I realize it may get heated at times but still it doesn't have to get ugly. If we don't agree than so be it but we should still be able to state our beliefs w/o being penalized or drug through the dirt. Now I'm not talking about the politicians here, I'm talking about each one of us being nice to each other. The politicians are free game and can defend themselves to the public
hippy009.gif

Reaction score
Thank you J. W that was very eloquently stated. It would be nice if the pro Obama side would list his accomplishments before and since he has been president. I have not seen a list like that and feel it would be a real learning experience for those that always want to put him down.

Reaction score
i dont mind having civilized conversations about politics, religion.. hell even sports get heated lol But lets all be honest here, this thread wasnt started to have a "civilized" discussion about Obama or this administration...

and hey this is coming from someone that voted for bush the first time, thought Kerry would have been a joke in office, and gave and thought bush would be able to fix what he had done in his first term so I voted for him AGAIN... Lets not be Naive here.

Alot of things people cant accept is that the man is the FIRST BLACK president... I dont care if the man that is leading our country is chinese, latin, muslim, black, white, yellow, purple... But the man should have out best interest for US

Health Care, so many misconceptions... OUR healthcare industry is a joke, it is lead by money hungry politicians out to make as many dollars as they can...

Nothing is more evident of this when you can get the same exact medicine anywhere out of the US for 1/10th of the cost. That is highway robbery, denying people coverage because of quotas and costs.. Is highway robbery.. Most people dont care until THEY are the victim of this... sometime we need to think of everyone as a whole instead of just ourselves....

how would you feel if you were laid off or even fired or quit, you are moving from one state to another, and you get mugged in a gast station. The man breaks your arm with a hammer.. What do you do with yourself then?

Many places out of the US it would not be a worry.. but here, heaven forbid something tragic like this can happen to you, because you would be paying for it for the next 10 yrs...

our healthcare system is a joke and needs to be changed someway.. and our mindset of being left or right or in the middle needs to change

Reaction score
Thank you for speaking your mind, I do want to make a couple of comments. When you say: A lot of things people can't accept is that the man is the FIRST BLACK president. That is absolutely not true of me and anybody that knows me knows better. I voted for Bush also and was somewhat disappointed. I feel the republican party could have come up with better. The last great president was Ronald Reagan, those that would do us harm feared him and our friends trusted him. It's peace through strength not peace through appeasement

Ask a Question