more photos

Reaction score
Ok gonna share alittle info that seemed to work for me. I couldn't find how much baking soda to use to raise my ph so i'd like to share how much i used and how much it went up. my ph when i started was a very low 6.0. Last night i put about 1 table spoon in. my pond is around 2300 gallons. This morning the ph was 6.2. So i added 3 more table spoons and checked it 2 hrs later, figureing my pump turns the water over in that time. when i checked it after the 3 table spoons it was about 7.0 to 7.1, and stayed there the rest of the day so i added 2 boxes of crushed oyster in nylon stockings in the filter. I couldn't find how much of the crushed oyster to use either. each box is about 4 ounces, biggest i could find at petsmart. And now for the pictures.

100_0161.jpg

100_0162.jpg

100_0163.jpg

100_0164.jpg

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you cant add too much of the crushed oyster shells.. the more the merrier they will just last longer.. i bought $4.00 worth last year they are still working. i am adding more this year, just another $4.00 bag. your pond is beautiful... the gbh decoy shouldnt go out till mid june its mating season, you might find some suiters comin to call. come july they are very territorial, and avoid eachother, move it every couple days, or they'll figure it out.

Ask a Question