pond19.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 362
  • pond20.JPG
    pond20.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 336

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
can i ask how you manage to keep your maples alive in the winters over there ...you all seem to have them arround your ponds ... and most of the US gets much colder than the UK .... ive tried 3 years to grow one and has been killed off by the cold winter winds here

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
geo
Please add your location using the User CP at the top of this page. Very nice pond, I like the tiered construction.
Did you use a single liner or are there several?

Reaction score
Just added my location...... I used two liners one for the top and one for the bottom. How do you folks feel about seaming two liners together

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
That is why I asked. My upper pond and lower pond as well as my waterfall are all seperate liners. None are bonded, You just have to make sure the water falls over the lapped area and has little opportunity for capillary action to suck out the water. I have often wondered what the best adhesives are. I suspect that urethane is the best that is readily available.

Reaction score
In the sping I plan on making mine bigger and plan to seam the liner ... I know there is a tape and glue on the market just dont know how good they are ...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yep... i used the tape..works great.. alittla pricey but it holds, just make sure you use the cleaner/ primer solution first, done right its a bear to pull apart.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i got it locally but its available on line, problem is online they probably sell it by the roll, and if i recall its like $1.79 /foot i would bet your local pond supply carries it. plus the solvent..

p.s i was told you could give it a quick wipe with mineral spirits then denatured alcahol in place of the cleaner/primer stuff, but i figure.. just do it with the right stuff and know its right !!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I would use acetone instead of alcohol, it is better, faster and leaves no residue. Denatured alcohol has some water and other impurities in it.

I think any roofing supply company would have it as well. EPDM was made for commercial roofing.

Reaction score
I will be looking for it tonight or tomorrow. I would love to start digging for the new pond now but I have to start my indoor garage pond 10 by 8 by 4.... I will post pics when I'm done. Thinking about the same filter but smaller drums maybe 33 gallon.

Ask a Question