More Pond Pics.. Almost there ... :)

Reaction score
Got alot of diggin in the last couple of days ..i think we took out about 3 full truck bed loads of dirt of not a lil more ..but getting there .... but i wasnt much help today as i sprained my ankle bad .. it is allready messed up from the tendon being screwed and then i really did it in .. man it hurts bad .. so i just had a ring side seat and watched hubby and my son dig .. inbetween helping out 2 of my neighbours .. both elderly and cant do much ..one his wife has been having strokes and in the hospital and he can now his yard with a riding lawnmower .. but cant weed eat at all .. so my son went and did the weed eating .and i offered to come over and clean and do what ever i can to make it easy for them .. i so feel for him ... and my other neighbor almost fell for the gramma scam .. got a call from someone saying they were her grandson and he was in jail in Greece and needed $3,500 to get out ... well she called me to come sit with her husband who is 90 and cant do nothing but lay in bed and she was gonna run into town and send the money and do some grocery shopping .. i said wait before you go lets chek out the number so i googled it and it was a number from Montreal Canada .. i told her to call him on his phone .. and call his mom and his wife and sure enough he was not in greece and not in trouble .. i knew from the begging it was a scam and im so glad she told me what she was going to do cause she really beleived it was her grandson .. these scammers really tried to play her ...

it was a crazy couple of days here ....lol..

but here is a couple of pics of the progress on the pond .. we are gonna go run to a carpet place tomorow and raid there garbage bin for padding for under the liner .. they dont mind we do that .. :)
The hole one is about 5 feet deep and about 6 feet across .. and the upper part is gonna be about 3 feet deep to about 2 feet ... the shallow/viewing end ..

Marion

P5187164 Pond.jpgP5187166.jpgP5187187 Pond.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
looks good and hope your ankle heals alright ,I have a friend Tesia that has a pin in her ankle and she always has problems with it .great hole there .I have gotten about 3 of the e-mail scams that say this or that person needs money and they even use there e-mail address ,sad world

Reaction score
Thanks .... I wished i had some work done on my ankle .. the tendon that stops your ankle from rolling is shot .. have to be so careful when i walk and were i walk .. but i guess i wasnt yesterday ..lol.. it sure hurts this morning ..
ya ive gotten t hose email scams good thing about them as you can just delete .. but it is sad when they phone the elderly and prey on there kindness .. so sad ...
we should be done with the digging today and the liner should be in .. :)

Marion

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good progress on you dig and wow liner going in today............neat!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great job, hope your ankle gets better for you

Reaction score
Thanks ya guys .. and yup the liner went in with the water i posted pics..
ankle still hurts and is messed up .. cant do any digging of any kind :(

Marion

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well neat that the liner and water is in but sorry about your painful ankle. Hope you feel better soon!

Reaction score
Thanks .. ya it hurts bad still thank goodness for pain killers .. lol.. .. im glad the liner is in and the water is almost there .. gonna do some more digging on the shallow end ..

Marion

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well hope you are having somebody else do the digging w/ that hurt ankle of yours.

Ask a Question