Mosquitos?

Reaction score
Living in Fla we have a ton of Mosquitos. Someone said that our pond could be the source of extra mosquitos? Can mosquitos hatch in an aerated pond? I did read about a product called Mosquito Dunks and wondering if anyone has ever tried tehm to help kill mosquio larvae.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
misquitoes do not like clean moving water... enough circulation along with fish loving the tastey little larvael treats is usually enough to keep them at bay. at least here in the cooler climate.. .but i know some people swear by the dunks

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Mosquito fish cannot be purchased anywhere in the state of Washington. I know a ponder in Oregon that had the state of Oregon put mosquito fish in her pond for free. They get along just fine with her pond fish. They bread profusely, and need to be thinned out from time to time.

I'm not sure if mosquito fish would help in your pond. If you are curious, it would be as simple as contacting the fish and wildlife agency in your state to find out if mosquito fish are legal in your state and if they are available.

Ask a Question